Remington 1100 help quick! 16 gauge Troubleshooting?

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by Ohio_River_Rat, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    I own a remington 1100 16 gauge and am starting to have a little trouble w/it. I was plannin on doin a little rabbit huntin w/it this weekend at a buddy's house but i hadn't used anything but slugs in it since '04. When i went to shoot it, it doesn't eject the shell. I doesn't even kick back to try to eject it. So i put a slug in and it ejected it just fine. I know that spring ejection guns have a adjustment for different shells but do gas guns? Hopefully someone out there knows whats up or ill have to use my Remi 870 20gauge to pop old thumper this weekend. Thanks alot guys.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Take the forarm off. And clean well. Also the o-ring can be bad. And letting the gas blow by. I have the same gun and a 20 and 12.
    To get to the o-ring take the barrel off. and the o-ring is under the top part of the barrel that fits down on the mag..
    Also if you have the knob way to tight or not tight enough they will do that.
    Pete

3. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Zac,

How old are the shot loads you tried or, are they reloads? Did you try it using a different box or brand of shot loads? Go with cheap and easy before trying to track down replacement parts you may not need.

Mike

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Zac Like pete said. Take the forearm off and clean the gun up. Get some good powder solvent and clean the tube that the piston slides on. It sounds like it is covered woith burnt powder. Then after you get it alll cleaned up coat the slide and the tube with rem oil.

if that dont fix the problem. Then get you a new O ring for it. Most any good gun shop will have them. If your gun is older and it hasnt been replaced that could be the problem.

Keeping the gun clean is the most important.

5. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    Thanks alot i think the o ring might need replacing. The shells im using arn't old or reloaded. ive tried both winchester and remi rounds out of it and neither work so im gonna clean it out real good and see if that gets it goin
    thanks alot guys.

Zac