Reminder

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bobpaul, May 21, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I just got a PM from Catter, ya'll might care to read it.

Hello Bob, could you or Bubba remind everyone to check all their electrical connections to make sure they are tight. We had a problem last weekend with our 1 year old 50hp Merc 2-stroke not getting power and really bogging down when the trim was adjusted while running. After checking everything out I found that the ground cables (1 small and 1 large) at the starter were loose. They still had the rubber coating on them so I don't think they were fully torqued at the factory.

Have a good one and yall keep up the great work.

Joe

Guy's and gals, look at everything periodicly. Touch, wiggle, twist things once and awhile. You can even do that to your engines:big_smile:

Thanks Joe

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin better than solid advice! THANX!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bob you done a good job delivering that PM and that is advice well given. Thanks catter.:cool2:

4. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    No problem guys, and thanks go to you and Bob Bubba, yall do all the hard work for sure.

Joe

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    This is good advice anytime but always check everything out when you have had work done in a shop. These guy's that do this for a living are good but sometimes they get in a hurry and will forget to tighten things down. I had carbs re-built one time and got out on the water and the bowl fell off one of the carbs:eek:oooh: wasn't fun getting back to the dock. Good idea to check all bolts, wires and connections.

6. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    The Anti oxidation grease in the Electrical dept. that is made for Aluminum to Copper connections is a good item to add to your tool box. It is great on battery terminals and all ellectrical connections.

7. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Thats correct. We use it a lot at work.
    It goes by many names, "no-ox", "de-ox" and many others. It's a grau goop thats in a bottle or squeeze tube. Also works great on your battery terminals. Once you've cleaned them properly of course.
    I've used it on the boats I've had, as well as vehicle batteries also. Say good -bye to oxidation and corrosion on the terminals.