Reminder TP&W fish consumption page

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by OUTLAW, Feb 23, 2006.

1. OUTLAW

OUTLAW New Member

State:
    texas

2. okeycatfish

okeycatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the information,

More restricted areas than i was expecting.

Greg

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I'm very surprised to NOT see a ban on the Trinity river in Downtown and South of Dallas. That part of the river is very nasty.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I know what you mean man. i fish these flood control ponds that connect to the trinity man its nasty ive even found a bag of needles floatin around this low dam every fish i catch out of there has these sores on them right after a rain u can even fish the lower pond due to all the trash which covers the top of the water i mean u cant even cast out without getting ur line tangeled in some type of trash strickly a CPR spot ive caught my biggest bass and my biggest crappie from there though

5. strider

strider New Member

State:
    Bruceville-Eddy, Texas
    After reading the consumption ban pages what I see is that the real health threats are from eating fish that have concentrations of chemicals (particularly heavy metals like mercury). Apparently, nastiness in the sense that we view it is not as unhealthy as it looks, smells, or tastes. I know what you mean about seeing yucky stuff in the water. Last year there was a dead cow halfway in the water in the Brazos River where I fish for several weeks. I never fished around it:crying:

6. strider

strider New Member

State:
    Bruceville-Eddy, Texas
  7. andi1950

andi1950 New Member

State:
    Belton, Texas
    Thanks for the info. I normally don't fish any of those areas, but you never know when a fishing trip might come up. I bookmarked the site so I can go back from time to time to look at it.

jerry

8. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fish the angelina which is fed by sam rayburn by a dam. i eat the fish all the time. i guess not more than once a month. that does kind of deture me a little. A little mercury wont keep me from atleast catchin and releasing! by the way this is my first day on this site. hello everybody!