Remember - time change

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Hope, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just a reminder (since I actually did forget one year :eek:oooh: )

tonight we "Spring Forward" and then spend the rest of next week tryin to recapture that lost hour of sleep :tounge_out:

Sure wish they'd stop messin with our time, but at least it'll be daylight later into the evenings :cool2:

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With the effects of my migraine,it's difficult to remember.I would have totally forgotten. Again I thank you!:big_smile:

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You're welcome, Pat. I've missed it in the past and was wayy late for church, so this time - stayin on schedule!

I hope you feel lots better quick.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hope,
    It's about to become 3AM, my bedtime. Thanks for the reminder!

Pat,
    Hope your migraine subsided!

Thanks again,
    Cheryl

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    See, my computer says 3AM now, let's see what the site says, when this is posted.

OOPS, it says 2AM.

I wish we left time alone, too.
    Cheryl

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    But it says you posted this at 1AM (my time, I guess... Central)

My computer didn't correct for the time change :confused2:, even though that update said it was already installed.... another mystery to solve :tounge_out:

Hope you slept well, Cheryl! See ya later on da board :lol:

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I see the site got corrected, because my post now says 3AM above. Or at least it does on my puter.

Carolyn,
    How was your birthday weekend? Hope it was great! Did you catch any fish?

Take care.
    Cheryl

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, Sis, on this one it says 2AM now... but who wantstabe a clock-watcher :wink: Think I got all the right boxes checked off so now it's all good to go till the next time they mess with the time in Nov.

It was peaceful and quiet, Cheryl.. thanks for askin :smile2: Kevin had to work yesterday, and today it was church in the mornin and then he spent a good part of the day re-rigging our poles. He got me a b-day rod and reel - a heavy duty, 8' long "meat-hunter" one with 80# test braided line.
    It's a beaut :lol: but I sure hope I can live up to his optimistic expectations when we go out fishin tomorrow! In fact, sure hope I can cast that doozy of a gizmo from the bridge where we're fishin... without catching a passing motorist on the road above - lol. Wish me luck!

How about you? Are you adjusting to the time change and keepin busy?
    Is Riley stayin out of trubble? He must be about ready to pack up his winter duds or trade them in for a swimsuit. Reminds me... gotta get our 2 smallest hounds in to see the vet on Tuesday for shots. Oh, and now they're callin for 82 degrees here tomorrow, so maybe we'll get a start on some fresh wrinkles :cool2:

Hugs, Cheryl... have a great night!
    Carolyn

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Congratulations on the beaut of a rod and reel! You can out fish him now. :big_smile: Be sure and take a pic of it, when you do!

Haven't really had time to think about the time change. I like this time better anyway, especially at this time in my life. Longer days, shorter nights, more sunshine.........hopefully........:smile2:

Mom is sick with a cold. Or at least that is the nurse practioner's , my opinion and her niece's opinion (who has a masters in nursing and is a np too). I'm taking her to the Dr. tomorrow, if she isn't any better. Giving her meds that have dried the congestion up, but her eyes are red and watering, she's sneezing and hurting. She told the np on the phone that she had ate like a pig today, so we don't think it is the flu. We are still concerned that she may get pneumonia, so off to the Dr. I'm almost sure tomorrow. At 87, she can't take any chances. Say a prayer for her, tonight. Thanks, sis.

Love and hugs from TN
    Cheryl

P.S. Riley enjoyed the afternoon in the back yard with me, picking up sticks and having our first spring burn.