Remember the good old days

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TIM HAGAN, Dec 28, 2006.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
  2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I miss them alot!:big_smile:

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks Tim, that was great. That tv looked excactly like the first tv we ever had. I can remember my dad telling us at the dinner table that he was bringing home our first tele. When he brought it home the next day most of the folks in our neighborhood were waiting in our dooryard. MY father told us he was the only one that was allowed to turn it off or on, i can remember him saying it was way to complicated for anyone else. There was only one channel and they stopped broadcasting at 7:00 pm. Yup those were the days!!!!:smile2: and as i get older i appreaciate those simpler times,and i miss the old ways more and more with each passing year.

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i remember the reruns does that count , life seemed simpler back then

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I think I just relized how old I really am.:crazy:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Apparently, my folks weren't all that satisfied with black and white, as I can remember them getting one of those cellophane things that you put on the TV screen. The top third was blue, the middle third was kind of beige and the bottom third was green.:lol: It worked real good on scenery :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Technology cannot solve all problems. It only can make the real work cheaper, faster, and less tedious.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I just viewed the whole link and must say that was really cool. I was born in January 1963 so I do remember some of those shows but not all. I do remember that we didn't get our 1st color TV until about 1977 and didn't get more than a few channels for a couple years after that!

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Tim.
    I've watched most all those shows. I saw my first TV in the USAF in 52 and bought our first one in 58, it was a 17" Sears. I built our first 25" Heathkit color TV in 68. We had three TV stations and one station had some color programs. Times were much similar back then but I like todays cable digital TV a bunch better. And I still can watch Gunsmoke but without commercials!:lol:

Not sure it was 68 when I built that TV but we had a 68 Pontiac.... that I'm sure.

9. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Im like Dayton, what memories, Thanks Tim.
    We got our first TV in 1954, I was 7 and the first show I saw was Annie Okley, we only had one chanel. Times were too simple then. What great changes we've seen in our lifetime.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx Tim. It reminded me to take my "GERITOL" LOL!

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Yea!
    I can remember watching Channel 3 a local station
    Didn't have the weather back then cause it was always snowing on the set.
    That was back in the middle fifties.

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I had some good memorires and some bad ones as well

13. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I remember reruns of Rifleman, Lucas Mccain was my hero and of course Matt Dillon. but i remember a show i liked alot called the Rat Patrol, none of my friends remember that show.

14. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I remember a few of those show's , thanks for sharin your find with us,...and happy New Year..

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yep im really rem.those times with a smile i liked the rifelman and rat patrol too

16. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yessiree, I remember the good ole days. out here near hollywood, channel 5 and 11 were local and of couse there was the one that wasn't an eyeball 2 and then 4. Someone on the block got a TV and we'd all sit or lay on the floor and whatch what life was all about... Thats the problem with kids today.. they learn it all on tv and not from seeing and listening real life encounters.

bayrunner ray

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Thanks Tim For The Memories"! :feel_good:

"I Miss Those Times"! :roll_eyes:

Thanks for sharing
    :0a31:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23: