Remember the good old day's,When fishing was so simple

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishfearme, Oct 12, 2009.

1. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Last Saturday night, Me and a buddy was waiting for the bite to turn on,And while sitting there i got to thinking of all the stuff i need to get stocked up on over the winter :eek:oooh: And i got to thinking, Man iv got a lot of stuff to get this year,And that made me think, Man i remember the good old day's,When all i needed was my zebco 202,with one hook,and a big washer, or nut, The line on my pole was 6 or 8lbs, And i don't ever remember changing it out:big_smile:, I would head out to the lake or river, With my 1 rod,And a bowl of worms i dug up, Or some left over corn mom said i could have, And maybe a float that i found while fishing the last time out. Them day's seemed so nice,If i got 3 blue gill's, or a 8" bass,or a crappie, I had a hell of a good day fishing, I also remember my first tackle box,Man that thing was SOOO ROOOMMY:big_smile:, Or maybe it was just the lack of having much to put in there :smile2::smile2:And even if i didn't reel in any thing,I didn't walk away all flustered,I walked away thinking of trying out a different place next time i was able to go, I remember looking and seeing my zebco 202 stand up in the corner of the basement with the string reeled up sooo tight that it was making that old zebco look like a UP SIDE DOWN j:embarassed:,Or the way i would wack away at the weeds with it to clean a path so i could get to the water. :embarassed: Now day's,I got 50 to 100.00 $ poles rigged up in so many different ways,with that fancy, top of the line reel's that i feel i need to spend 90 to170.00 on, and my tackle box that cost70.00 has got to way 50 lbs is always stuffed full with things i just got to have just in case, with a net i can fit my wife in,And now, My word, Of my catch ant good any more i feel the need to carry my digital camera, to get a pic of that 30lber i just have to reel in,And just in case i forget my cammra i got my cell phone, that not only takes pic's but it make's a movie. AW... THE GOOD OLD DAY'S !!:wink:Will today, Be my new good old day's, Some day? Have you ever enjoyed thinking back to the good old day's ? What was yours ?:big_smile:

2. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    You said a mouthful, I remember if I knew I was going fishing the next day I couldn't sleep that night or if we were fishing after school I sure couldn't focus on a darn thing the teacher was telling me. That 2 lb. fish I might catch was a monster to boot.
    Thanks for the walk down that memory lane.

3. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    matt you said it all

4. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    aww yes the good ol days.......def a mouth full said but then again i done heard most of this from you rich but oh it is soooooo true!!!! and mat i remember those restless nights and those days of school seeming like they lasted forever to get out!! yes the good ol days......but as for the more expensive R&Rs i would have to say as a youngin you dont think about anything over 10#s i would say. so as you do get older you relize ther are bigger fish to fry (no pun intended) and those small R&R you use just wont cut it and the equiptment that will get expensive. granit there are some really great times with the new found 20#+ but you just cant beat the ol days!! especially when being a kid you really didnt have a care in the world!!!!!!!

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Technology has an affect on everything.

Fishing is so easy these days that all you have to do is look down onto a machine to tell you if fish are around.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    amen brotha! i try to stay old school, bt i see my supplies doing otherwise lol

7. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I do remember. My memories arent as long ago as yours BUT are just as cherished. I used to channel cat fish alone...Ide go four or five days a week atleast and catch 20+lbs of fish everytime...that doesnt happen for me anymore. If i cant find someone to go with i just stay home...Maybe these memories are telling us something...maybe i should start fishing alone when no one else is game, matt you should go back to school lol, and catfish fear me...maybe you should get the old zebco out :smile2:

8. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    id like to get what ever technology you have, i have looked down on many a little screen the tells me fish are there, but they must not be very hungry...hhaha...cause they dont seem to want to bite....

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rich what your describing about today is "Catfish Fever Buying". We all go through it. We have convinced ourselves that we have to purchase the latest technology in all equipment. I started with a cane pole in a farm pond catching the bullhead cat. I caught the fever way back then and never wanted to get over it.Like everyone else I to carry more than I need.

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    When I think back to those days , it makes me wish I had the stuff now when I was fishing then .....

12. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu

13. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i hear ya i have no less than 6 poles with me 2 tackle boxes and a 20-25gal bait tank with me in the car when i go. just ask rich hes seen it all lol. even when i came out fishing with 8 poles at once lmao

14. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i keep it pretty basic myself , dont have or use all the latest "techonolgy" out there .. whatever happened to man using natural skills to fish or hunt without all this technology

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A difference between men and boys, are the price of their toys.... :big_smile:

16. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Great post and thanks for the stroll down 202 Zebco lane.​

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You must be catfishing. I never knew any catfish that refuses food that is put on top of their heads.

I, like most of you, started off with the basics. A Zebco 202 and a Berkeley Lighting rod for catfish and bass. A bamboo cane pole for panfish. I used nuts and bolts for weights and even used rocks. Today, it's $200 Shimano Calcuttas and St. Croix Musky rods.

Back in day on a boat, you had to use trial and error to catch fish. Today, if you do not see any fish on the screen, you move!:angry:

Technology!:cool2:

18. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    come fish eastern ky with me and i will show you plenty of them....:wink:

19. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Hey what can i say, Iv lived a RUFF 23 years, Or i mite of forgot 18 of them some dam where:big_smile::smile2::smile2::cool2: