"Remebering Uncle Sci Fi"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by shania, Dec 4, 2005.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I was Just thinking about a person that I never met before, but help me out a great deal when I frist got started with the Brotherhood, and that person is "Uncle Sci Fi". :)
    I only been with the B.O.C. since the begining of the year (2005), and I've so much fun & have got to meet so many great people because of him.
    I just wanted to say thank you to the man that made the B.O.C. "the place to be for me" and that I will never forget that.

R.I.P. Buddy :003: & Thanks,
    Bert :cool:

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Shaina, we miss Scifi also. He was a super friend for sure and Judy and I still have an empty space in our hearts that only he could fill. It is very hard to believe that Scifi and John are both gone now but one thing is for sure they will never be forgotten. Judy and I sure loved them both.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    same feelings here Jim. I was never lucky enough to get to meet him in person, only here thru emails and PM's. You can tella lot from someones writings. I know, he was a great man and friend to many. He's the type you can never truly forget or replace.
    "Live long and prosper"(his bi-line)
    Rest in peace my old friend.

4. shadow

shadow New Member

I consider myself to be a fortunate man indeed to have knwn SciFi. For those that never got to meet him in person, I can assure you that the man you corresponded with was exactly the same in the flesh. Truly one of the BEST !!!!

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I never met Uncle Sci-Fi in person,but talked with him often on the BOC. He was always willing to help anyone out with info. He had a data base of fishing info.in his head and really seemed to like to share it with others.

God Bless Uncle Sci-Fi,Brother you will be missed but never forgotten!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I too sure do miss ol Uncle Sci Fi and JPB. Got the pleasure of meeting JPB in 2004 at the Chatt Gathering and stopped at Uncle Sci Fi's for a fun filled day of fishing and fellowship with him on the way home. Two brothers that will forever live in our hearts. Their hard work and dedication can be seen from this website and from all the knowledge they have passed on to us. Rest in Peace brothers, we will meet again.

7. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Shaina I to never met Scifi. But I have the same feeling.
    He was #1 in my book. :)

BIGCAT GarryEads

8. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I had the honor of working with ScFi on the moderator's side of things here and found that the BOC was the MAIN focus in his life. He spent countless hours on this site, reading and answering posts and PERSONALLY approving or refusing membership to this site to the many who came here daily. He based his decision of membership on the criteria set forth by Paul, not on the feelings or wishes of SciFi. I've heard many members say that the reason they were here was because of SciFi's personal touch and welcome.
    JPB was another that spent his fair share of time on here. He would get into a conversation just to "ruffle your feathers", but would enforce the BOC's rules without fail. He loved to put forth the appearance of a "hillbilly" but was a highly intelligent man who loved the BOC with the same intensity that he loved his family.

We'll miss them both.

9. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Well stated Mike.