Relocating to Fort Knox Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Crazy_Cooter, May 20, 2007.

1. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey ya'll, I will be transfering to Fort Knox here in a few months and would like to know of all the fishing areas (rivers or lakes) in the immediate area. I know the Ohio River is right there, but how far of a drive is it exactly to the nearest access point? I don't want to drive more than 25-30 miles unless absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance!

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Ft Knox has the salt river running right though it and is an excellent place to fish. Also the mouth of the salt is a great hole. As far as access, I'm not familiar with the area. Welcome to the BOC. Vern

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Great fishing right on the Base.Some of those lakes are loaded with big catfish and are maintained well.They will have an outdoor rec office which can provide you with all the info you need.You will also be within striking distance of some legendary lakes Like Kentucky & Barkely (Ft Campbell has an excellent rec facility) Green river res.and to the south is Dale Hollow,Percy Priest,Cumberland,Center Hill etc etc.They are much further away than 25-30 miles but make great weekend trips.Ky and Tenn may have the greatest concentration of legendary fishing in the country,and I haveen't even mentioned the rivers.:smile2: