Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
Waylon from Osage County, Oklahoma
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This is a great reason to own a traditional muzzleloader. I cast my own round balls make my own percussion caps and know how to make black powder. If I shot a flintlock it would be even easier to feed.
You are absolutely right & I plan to do just that. It may be a vital tool in the future

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A good high quality .22 or .25 air rifle might be a sound investment too.
Lol are we related 馃槅 I've been saying that to the wife. My son in laws are bow hunters, I'm an old trapper so we got that covered. You're speaking wisdom

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Registered
Lol are we related I've been saying that to the wife. My son in laws are now hunters, I'm an old trapper so we got that covered. You're speaking wisdom
Got lots of legholds and conibears hangin in the garage. I ran a heck of a line back in the day. In fact I was two hours late for my first date with my wife because I was running my line. I promise you that this old fat boy won鈥檛 starve.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Got lots of legholds and conibears hangin in the garage. I ran a heck of a line back in the day. In fact I was two hours late for my first date with my wife because I was running my line. I promise you that this old fat boy won鈥檛 starve.
Got a few out in the garage myself, got into snares a while back for coyotes and a state trapper taught me how I could catch deer easy with them "if" things got bad. Guess you could eat a yote but I'd probably just pray harder if it came to that lol once got my hand caught in a 330 I was all alone, wasn't fun getting free from that mess

Registered
Man a 330 ain鈥檛 no joke. That bad boy can break fingers. Helluva beaver trap though and works good for c o o n if ya can legally set it on dry land. Though I suppose if a man needs to make meat then legality becomes a bit more subjective.
I once got a **** in a 110 right on his nose killed him found him about 20 yards from the set

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Man a 330 ain鈥檛 no joke. That bad boy can break fingers. Helluva beaver trap though and works good for c o o n if ya can legally set it on dry land. Though I suppose if a man needs to make meat then legality becomes a bit more subjective.
I was after a bobcat that was getting fat on game chickens, it was on restricted Osage land so state trapping laws didn't apply. It was February and I had double gloves on it was a good set but I wanted to tweak it & some how hit the trigger & the rest was history. The gloves & coat saved me but it still hurt lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
That's really cool. I bought my son & I both 1965 marlin 336's in 30-30 when I'm gone it'll go to his first son. Hopefully I'm around to see his boy or girl kill their first deer with it. I did see a YouTube video once where a guy reloaded some ammo and put a tiny part of his dad's ashes in each round for his boys, they use those rounds when they elk hunt so the grandad is kinda there on each hunt

21 - 40 of 46 Posts