reloading help

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Jan 3, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok all you fellas that reload ,like me I got a minor problem. My brother in law has a .30 remington rifle and wants me to reload him up a bunch of shells . I have found dies for this cartridge ,but am completely at a loss finding any load data for it. I am aware it is more or less just a rimless version of a 30-30 win. but would like to know more on it ,I have been searching online and can find only one source and its a reloading fourum with a 30.00 yearly membership :tounge_out:so any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Richard, this link may help: http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp
    I've read that you can use the same loads as for the 30-30, but don't take my word for it. If I were to do that, I would drop the recommended load by at least 10% to start with. I won't load for someone else, unless I can test the rounds in their rifle as I load.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    funny,I looked at every powder mfg. looking EXCEPT hogden :smile2:. I am just trying to duplicate factory rounds ,He's getting tired of paying 45.00 a box even when he can find them which he has'nt been able to do for a while.. Thanks ,Tommy

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Those help a ton,Thanks Joe.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just looked the round up on Hodgdon and reloadersnest.com

Here's the loads I found:

150 grn bullet:
    IMR 3031 28.1 grns
    IMR 4895 35.0 grns

170 grn bullet:
    Win 760 35.0 grns
    Win 748 30.0 grns
    IMR 3031 31.0 grns

This should be enough to get you started, just remember to reduce the charge by 10% and work up.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks,I always reduce loads ,Been reloading for nearly 30 years ,and I value my health and well-being more the older I get.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    After doing a bit more research on th.30 Remington cartridge ,I noticed in the Speer manuel #12 it states all loads listed here can be used with the .30 Remington soo I got a bunch to work with. Thanks again to all of you guys that helped me on this ,I never thought to read the summry for the 30-30 Win. if I had I would have noticed that in the beginning :big_smile:

8. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Don't feel bad, I forgot all about it. I read it along time ago, and still forgot about it, lol. That's why I don't rely on my memory for reloading data, I always check the book when setting the scale!