Relix Bait Casters.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by goshawk, Sep 10, 2009.

1. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'll spare you the long sad story of how I lost my rod and reel, but am now looking at replacing it. I have thought about getting a baitcaster and went to my local bait shop and found a nice Diawa lowprofile (not the one with the twitcher ) for something like $63.

Being that my income is not great, I check out Ebay. I found something called the Relix Low profile baitcaster that was well much cheaper.

Has anyone used any of these Relix Reels and any thoughts getting it.

I do like the Diawa reel though... Oh decisions, decisions.

pat

RELIX SAVIC X-100 LOW PROFILE BAITCASTER FISHING REEL

2. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I have bought several reels off of the ebay.Mostly 6000 and 6600 abu's.I have never paid more than $40.00.If for catfish you can check them or the okuma classic series the cl220 runs less than 30.00 for new.A penn will be around that price as well for a 309. Good luck

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat that reel would be OK for bass or pan fishing, but not enough line capacity for cat-fishing. There are many used reels in your price range. Don't get in a hurry. Check out the Okuma, Penns, and Abu.

4. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
  5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ill second that you may want something alittle bigger if your chasing cats with it. like said Okuma classics are a great entry level price wise baitcaster for cats, and verry durable. matched with a 9' king kat or whuppin stick from cabelas and you got a pretty good setup for around $50.