Regulations

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kat buster, Mar 17, 2007.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    OK can i fish with jugs and yo yo's at monroe lake?

2. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    As far as I can recall, the regulation states that jugging must be done only in a moving body of water, no lakes. But, I know for a fact that I have put jugs in Lake Shaffer and the CO didn't site me. He only checked to see if I had placed my name, address and phone number on the jug, which is another regulation you need to follow. My question about this regulation relates to the fact that most, if not all, reservoirs do contain a feeder stream or creek and that new water is constantly being introduced to the "lake" while simultaniously being released at the dam. This is exchange of new and old water creates current, which in my opinion would constitute a "moving" body of water. This subject has been debated in the past, but those are my $.02. Oh, are you going to be at the gathering in May on Monroe? It'll be a good time. Happy Fishing!

3. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    As far as I know U can only jug on flowing water, but it doesnt hurt to ask your local CO. :0a23: You can use trout lines and limb lines in lakes.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great reply Eric... I'll be down at monroe... Im claiming site 153... its kind of tradition