Regulation Questions?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ste6168, Feb 13, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey all. I have a question about the trout regulations. My dad and I are sitting here trying to figure this out... North Park Lake is usually where I get my bait for flats, however looking over the regulations I am confused on some things. Can I, or can I not, fish at NPL for bluegill after March 1? According to this page (under approved trout waters) I think it states that I cannot. Also, my dad does not usually get a trout stamp (doesn't trout fish, and has no desire to) and I was also wondering, is he even allowed to fish NPL or Glade Run? They are considered "Approved Trout Waters" and it states that you must have a trout/salmon permit. If thats the case I truthfully feel that is ridiculous as you would be hard pressed to catch a trout in NPL after opening day (or really mid-may). Anyone have any real answers here to these questions? I am stumped reading the regulation book.

Thanks, Mike

2. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Mike it cost me $50.00 (plus costs) last year because I was fishing for bait in a stream that I had no idea was an approved trout stream. Just like you said, if you go there a week after the season opens I guarantee you won't find any trout. I've been getting creek chubs and gills outa there during the summer for the past two years and never stumbled on a trout. So, speaking from first hand knowledge find somewhere that isn't an approved trout water.:sad2:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You will get a ticket fishing for bait in waters where stocked trout was released before opening day.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    They don't want anyone to stick thier hands in the cookie jar before opening day.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    There is no fishing permitted for any species in approved trout waters March 1.

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i thought i heard this year that if you are fishing in "trout approved" waters you don't need a trout stamp unless your targeting trout, when i got my license this year the bait shop dude told me that. there is a lake near me that is stocked with trout but i only go there for bass, every other year i would get a trout stamp just to fish that lake, but this year i was told unless you have trout in you possession and are targeting them then you need a stamp, not sure if there are any special dates where this doesn't apply(like the first week of trout season) but thats what i heard

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Except for a few lakes that get a winter stocking I think you can fish till April 1st. or a trophy trout stream you can fish all year except on opening day you have to wait till 8 a.m.
    I used to fish for suckers a lot when I was younger till they started stocking the creek with trout, and that ruined that.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Trophy trout stream? Must be on the Westside, no trophy trout streams here Eastside.

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    No, It's back in the Northcentral part.:smile2:
    There's not much decent trout fishing around me, unless I want to drive an hour.