Regulation question

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by wiskeredwarrior101, May 10, 2007.

1. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I was wondering what the pole limit is in va is 2 just like every other state or more ive always used two when i catfish but ive read the rules and regulations and didnt see any rod limits

2. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Outside of a few exceptions for specific bodies of water, there is no limit to the number of rods you can use, or for that matter hooks etc. Most of the exceptions apply to trout waters and a couple of places in far Southwest VA.

3. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    great thanks for the info. I find that odd because of the high population you'd think they would be worrying about over fishing but it doesnt seem to have hurt some of the spots.

4. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Some of the public fishing piers have a two rod limit but as for bank fishing for cats, use as many as you can handle.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    You are welcome. I guess they figured after a certain number of poles they almost become unmanageable, and so fishermen will only use as many poles as they can manage. I will use up to four, but most of the time I use three.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use 5 or 6. Three are baited for cats and the rest are set up for catching bait.