Regulation changes disscussed for Delta!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Deltalover, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Heads up! These items are being disscussed!

1. Change from "Possession Limits" to "Boat Limits". When the "Boat Limit" was instituted in the bay and ocean, the Delta was left out. For example, two guys out striper fishing could keep 2 rods in the water with 3 fish in the boat until the 4th striper is caught. As it is now, if you have 1 fish to go, only the person without a limit can continue to fish.

2. Slot Limit for stripers. I think the numbers being tossed around are 18-35 inches. This is supposed to help the striper population by ensuring that BIG FISH are released.

3. Two-Rod stamp regs changed to include the Delta. It currently applies only to lakes and reservoirs.

4. Ban on night fishing. Speaks for itself.

5. Ban on Foreign Bait. This will potentially include bluegill, split-tail, Sac Pike Minnows, etc. As I understand, baits that you can get in a baitshop will still be allowed, i.e. bullheads, mudsuckers, jumbo minnows. The foreign baits mentioned usually catch BIG FISH, and banning them will help maximize the number of breeders that will remain in the system.

I will add more when I get more information! It be just my luck to let us use two rods, but outlaw using perch! Catching perch for bait, is why I want the second rod! A ban on nightfishing would really be devastating!:sad2:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Slot limits on stripers has exhisted for quite some time in Jersey and has helped alot. The other things you mention sound painfull.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Buddy,
    I Hope that they change the two rule law because, like yourself, I would love to be able to fish with two rods just so I can fish with live bait on one of them.

& about that nightfishing thing - "that would be a killer"! :angry:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

4. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
  5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    putting a ban on night fishing will really make me consider even more of moving out of state. that is so dumb to do that.

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    what the $$#@# is it about night fishing?????????????? its a contagious disease here in Ohio as well.

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I dont get to fish much at night anymore but its so nice to go at nite sometimes. I myself am so tired of these idiots that seem to want to "fix" things when they aint broke.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Whats next. A day time and a nite time license! LOL!

9. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Dont give the state any ideas.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yet another reason, NOT to move to, or live in California. Those people ain't right, Ban Night Fishing, LOL!!!

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    You guys can only use 1 rod? That sux! I guess I should quit complaining about only being able to use 2.

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    if you buy the two rod stamp you can use it on the lakes and resivors going to that would be ok for including the delta but ban nite fishing and the limits and other restrictions are nuts the nite fishing ban is the insane i ever heard. guess we will wait and see what happens.

13. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Banning night fishing would just be STUPID! Don't they take into account that people primarily fish for cats AT NIGHT?! The bait restrictions are another stupid one, but not nearly as bad as the night fishing ban!

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I hope this ban on night fishing does not spread to the Colorado River and its vacinities. That is rediculous. Eventhough I should be use to it. The only lakes down in this area that offer night fishing is pay lakes. The rest close at sundown.

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    BAN NIGHT FISHING? Man I fished over night last night and what a time! I was by myself after vini left arond 11 pm. Had a blast listening to my radio and catching fish. Beautiful out last night. THAT WOULD SUCK TO BAN NIGHT FISHING:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

16. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Yah, tell me about it! I had one of those "not sleepy" nights and about 2AM the wife tels me to go fishing! Ain't gotta tell me twice! I went out to a tributary of the river til about 5:30 and had a real nice time, even though I GOT SKUNKED BY THE CATS AGAIN!!! :crazy:

Caught a sqawfish and a crappie though, so that beat's an empty hook! :big_smile:

17. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    WE HAVE GOT to be able to have a voice on these issues????????no night fishing thats rediculous.....

18. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I couldn't imagine if they banned night fishing here, thats crazy. If they did I guess I would become an outlaw, lol.

19. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I might have to return to those days too fatkat, I guess they figure alot of poaching goes on at night or something?

20. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    There is a lot. Many times ive come up on bank fishermen out on my boat on the delta and ive seen guys reeling in real fast and tossing thier poles in the weeds. Guess they though I was the law lol. Should we have a voice in it heck yea we should! they start baning this and that Ill prolly quit fishing like I did hunting here in cali.