Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of animals, mostly rescues that came to stay. A chihuahua NAMED Inigo montoya tnegra, a pomeranian named Andre, a chihua/jack russel mix named Dulcinea, 5 cats: 1 longhair named carson, a one eyed tabby named Eastlake, 2 Siamese, named sushi) and sashimi and out little Siamese mix named Jillian. Then there are 4 ferrets. 3 girls Miri, Keiko, and Saffron. The male is Fizzgig. Upstairs we have a pair of albino tri-colored Honduran milk snakes named Amy and Sheldon. We also have a pair of Florida kingsnakes, a hypo high yellow named Miami and a hypo flame brooks named Sanibel. Last but not least we have Alice, out 6 ft+ BOA CONSTRICTOR.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you have plenty of food for that BOA! He will be 10ft long in no time;)
I have always had reptiles. They were my concentration in Vet Tech school. The snakes have their own room upstairs where we can control the heat and humidity of the room and of each individual enclosure. The door to the room has double door strips on the bottom, one inside and one outside. The heat register and cold air return are covered in aluminum screen material.All cages have at least 2 locking devices (some have 4). All my snakes eat frozen/thawed rodents of varying size. Nobody eats live. That's not to imply that I can say with certainty that the boa wouldn't respond to live some day. He has had some health issues, when we got him he was dehydrated, malnourished and very small for his age. He arrived with an upper respiratory infection and it took antibiotic injections daily for a week to pull him through. As a result of his condition he was a very poor eater and we tried everything. He's terrified of anything dropped into his cage that moves. He will only eat when his food is left in the cage overnight with a towel over the front of the cage for privacy. He may never get as big as he would have with proper care all his life but after 2 years of work we got him healthy again anyway. Here are some pics of the snakes we care for. No comments about "Get me a shovel" allowed! :smile1:
Boa constrictor Boa Python Python family Snake
Organism Plant Caterpillar Insect Macro photography
Milksnake Food Snake Corn Snake Cuisine
Reptile Snake Scaled reptile Corn Snake Tree
Snake Reptile Serpent Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That's awesome. You do some fine work, helping animals. That is pretty sad about the mistreatment of that BOA. I bet his previous shitty owners left a big Rat or 2 in there with him while he was sick and weak and those Rats prolly tore him up & thats why he so scared. We have a Ball Python, a Leopard Gecko, a Cat, and lots of fish including my baby Flathead.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome. You do some fine work, helping animals. That is pretty sad about the mistreatment of that BOA. I bet his previous shitty owners left a big Rat or 2 in there with him while he was sick and weak and those Rats prolly tore him up & thats why he so scared. We have a Ball Python, a Leopard Gecko, a Cat, and lots of fish including my baby Flathead.
Yes, you are correct. He has several large scars that suggest he was left unattended with live prey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts