Refurbished Reels

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by pendog66, Jan 22, 2010.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew a place that will refurbish reels. I have 4 abu garcia reels, penn 209 and a penn live liner that need some work.

2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Greg does a good job on reels

3. bradb

bradb New Member

State:
    ohio
    i don't know about abu, but penns are easy enough you should be able to do it yourself. alan tani has a step by step tutorial on the 209 at his website. schematics and parts available at pennparts aka scotts bait & tackle. i've overhauled 3 so far this winter, my 9, 85, and surfmaster 200, still have the 209 to do. if a clown like me can do it, its likely you can too. have fun and save money!

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i dont know if they still do it or not but bass pro use to have a peice in the catalogs where you could send then in and have them fixed

5. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Catfish Jeffs in Louisville KY does excellent work cheap thats where I take all mine

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Don't know where in Ohio you live, but there a guy in Newark, Ohio that people bring their reels to from all over the state and further. The business in Farquhar & Steinbaugh, 116 Union Street, Newark, Ohio 43055, phone: (740) 344-6200. I know there are people on here that use his services. Rollo does I know.

Garry-

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats where I take mine too as Garry stated. He takes great pride in his work, and has a good reputation around the area... rollo

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    My friends an I also take our reels to him .If your close.An he has a fast turn over rate .10 stars