Reflective Tape

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by cechandler, Jun 17, 2008.

1. cechandler

cechandler New Member

State:
    Georgia
  2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats a pettery good price on that refl. tapr unless you can buy it wholesale and it's 3M on top of that

3. Weaponx

Weaponx New Member

State:
    Rock Island, ILL
    3M is what we use too. Can be purchased at Menard's or Lowe's. Works well...

4. daddyrabbit

daddyrabbit New Member

State:
    Lake City S.C.
    I was able to score some from the local D.O.T. Signs Divison. This enabled me to put a small portion of goverment waste to some mighty fine use.:big_smile:The tape was surplus from samples sent to them from vendors.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wal-Mart has it as well. Saw some yesterday.
    BB in SC

6. daddyrabbit

daddyrabbit New Member

State:
    Lake City S.C.
    Have'nt checked local Walmart recently, however in the past that types availible did'nt fit the bill for me. The tape that I prefer is meets D.O.T. standards & as such, is far superior to all others that I have tried.

7. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    I was able to get that DOT grade stuff from a sign shop. They had it in stock.

8. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Don't forget to look around eBay.
    Several years, was able to snag a 100m roll for under $10.

:004:

9. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I teach at a high school where the bus garage keeps me supplied on the yellow reflective tape put on school buses. It is about 2 inches wide, which I cut down the middle. Of that, and the walmart stuff, it is the brightest tape I have ever seen. I use a 1,000,000 cp spotlight and see it from plenty far away. I have thought about trying to find a reflective spray paint, but then again, I don't want planes landing in between my jugs then I hit them with the spotlight.
    good luck,
    ccat

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Best place to get reflective tape.... go to a sign shop and ask for their scraps. I did this and got some messed up sheets and scraps from the process... the price was right too.