Reflective Tape On your Jugs/Noodles?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jul 5, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Do you guys use reflective tape on your Jugs? If no, How in the heck can you tell if you have a fish on them at night. Jugging with steve taught me alot about knowing when to chase the fish on the jugs, the tape sure helped.

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I have used relective tape, but I use glow sticks on my noodles and in my jugs a lot. The sticks inside a jug makes it look like a big green abd bright ball floating around. and on the noodles you can see the glow stick sticking up in the air when a fish is on!

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    We have always used the reflective tape, like people put on their mailboxes. It really makes it easy to see the jugs and what they are doing.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Top if you'll pm me a mailing address i'll send you some tape that Medford gave me this spring. I have plenty of this stuff and would be glad to send ya some if you need it.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Top as Posted glow sticks are the ticket. AS you can always see the jugs. You do not have to turn on a light to spot one. If you have a fish you see the glow stick and jug moving. Hard to be a glow stick on a jug or float for that matter. If you have no spot to put the glow stick like our jug kits have. Just hold a glow stick on the side of one. Then use duck tape over the glow stick. When done slide the stick out of the take when your ready to put a new one on it.
    Pete

6. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I just made up some and I put reflective tape on them. Had to search for a while to find some at a decent price, they are proud of that stuff :smile2:. I really like it though.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I haven't done any jugging at night for several years, but when I did, I used reflective tape on them. Now, I'll use glowsticks if I do any nighttime jugging.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Here in NC its mandatory to use reflective tape on Jugs because there are some really dark corners in our local local bars.:big_smile::smile2: Man couldnt find them without the tape.Not sure you will get away with bringing your spotlight in to a bar but there are ways to provide alternate illumination however I DON"t recommend using glow sticks unless you know the owner of the jugs or you could meet with physical violence.!!:roll_eyes::smile2::wink:Old first sergeants shouldnt be out late at night anyway you might get et by a gator!!:smile2:

9. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I use reflective tape on mine.At night I can hear my noodle style jugs "pop" the water after they stand up from a bite or with a fish on.

10. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I use the yellow reflective tape used on school buses. If you know your local school bus mechanic, I bet you can get some. It really stands out when hit with a spot light.

11. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    If you are using plastic bottles i use a glow stick or Fatboy dans juggin light...Look on youtube at river 3782 an dlook through his videos!