Reflections of 2008

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishnvince, Dec 15, 2008.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    With the end of another year drawing to a speedy close, I can't help but sit back today and reflect on the last 12 months and everything that has happened in my life and the world in general.
    Today December 15th temps here in Northern Virginia Pushing 70 degrees. All the while the upper Plains are getting hammered with sub-zero temps and Ice up North in New England. Hunters and Fishermen alike are planning and canceling trips as I write this. As life moves along, it's easy to take solice in what we have been blessed with in our lives. And find anger and even resentment in those things that we rather not look back upon. But at the end of this day I find myself whith so many thanks to give for all the great things in my life that I have had the chance to erxperience these last 12 months.
    2008 saw new personal best Bluecatfish for 8 of my friends. It saw my oldest Daughter get engaged to her college sweetheart. It saw my youngest Daughter continue to be successful in her College years. It saw a 26 year milestone passed with my wife and me in our marrriage. It saw god's beauty in new places we visited this year. It saw new friendships started and old friendships re kindled.
    Yesterday while fishing for Stripers on the Chesapeake Bay I was Blessed with high flying aireal acrobatics as hundreds of Gannets dropped out of the sky like jet planes diving on a target. I saw another amazing sunset. everyone just as beautiful as the last one.
    2008 found me here with all of you making new friends and learning about your lives. I sit and reflect on what it must be like to fish the waters you fish and hunt the woods you hunt. In the end I am assured that you like me are blessed with the best this world has to offer us.
    So as 2008 comes to a close I will not make idle resolutions but only pray that 2009 is half as good as 2008 was and that all of you have a safe and happy holiday season.

2. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Hope this is in the right area?