Reflection.. And Then Its Winter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Nov 29, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This may not pertain to all of you yet but it will to all someday. It sure is a great read and hope you enjoy. At my age this one sure hits home.

You know, time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all...

And I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams... But, here it is..the winter of my life and it catches me by surprise...

How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my babies go? And where did my youth go?

I remember well... seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fath om it or imagine fully what it would be like...

But, here it is...wife retired and she's really getting gray...she moves slower and I see an older woman now. She's in better shape than me... but, I see the great change... Not the one I married who was young and vibrant... but, like me, her age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore...it's mandatory! Cause if I don't on my own free will...I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so, now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things.

But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...This I know, that when it's over...its over....Yes , I have regrets .There are things I wish I hadn't done ,,,,,things I should have done. But indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done Its all in a lifetime.. .

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly!

Life goes by quickly So, do what you can today, because you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not!

You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for good today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...

"Life is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who came after. Make it a fantastic one."

LIVE IT WELL!!

~author unknown~

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And it's oh so true! It kinda makes me sad!:sad2:

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey all, I heard that 55 is the new 35! so wheres that place you?
    lol, Old man winter may never get me! I just might live forever right here on the BOC! :big_smile:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I sure hope nothin' happens to ya, Jack, but I have no doubt that you WOULD live forever here on the BOC. Funny coincidence, I heard just in the last week that 60 was the new 40 and 50 was the new 30 :lol:. Guess that stands to reason, huh? That "places" me at 23, can't say that I mind :wink:. Thanks for the post Dayton, it's a good 'un. :smile2:

5. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Dayton,

You said it well in the post. I cant count the times that I have allowed time to creep up on me and I have never told those that I really care about how much they mean to me or what impression they have made me on. All too soon they were tore from my grasp and I was left with..I should've...Why didnt I. My friend that had cancer and died right when we least expected. She was a rock, she was the one sick. Mr. Wilbert, that never knew the word 'No', hed give ya the shirt off his back. If you came over for a visit and happen to hang around long enough for supper to hit the table, dont excuse yourself..better just pull up a chair and stay. There was no chance of him allowing ya to leave. He leaves behind a window that I wish I could put in my pocket and carry around with me everywhere I go. People are amazing like that. Ones that you carry with you all the days of your life, they deserve to know how much you care and how much they lifted ya up and carried you thru some tough times. We're never granted tomorrow, I seem to learn that they hard way.
    Thanks Dayton for a great post. Its heart touching.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Thanks Dayton, that is a good read. I've been thinking along those same lines here lately. rep on the way

st