Reference points:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Nov 28, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Been quite awhile since I have posted independently on the forum. And this is not a big thing just want to clean my mind of something that is on it. Kinda of an old saying about "Unless you ask you ain't gonna know"

At one time not long ago one could log on and reference individuals currently on station (i.e. those active members being active) by an alphabetized listing of current active users on the bottom of the main page. A star chart of the heavens so to speak.

Made it easy to see if a buddy or someone you loathed was aboard the ship of state. When you get to my age and eyesight it made it much easier to do. I, while an unassuming member, and not wanting to rock the gunnels and tip the bait overboard would kinda like to see that alphabetized star chart again.

Just a thought running around in my head.

John.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    One way to help you with this is to add all the people you communicate with to your friends list. That way you can directly communicate with them.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I miss that feature too.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    It was nice. Everyone I have talked to doesnt like the change either.:wink:
    I am sure they have their reasons though.

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    PB, back like it was...

Explanation: As the BOC continues to grow we try to squeeze longevity out of the current server we are on to slow down the eventual upgrade that will need to occur at some x point in time. Not only is moving servers a royal pain, its always more expensive.

Small things that are modified, such as not listing a query of results in alphabetical order, do save valuable CPU resources, especially when combined with other CPU saving strategies.

During winter months load slows down, but we still churn on average 2 million hits monthly during these periods, with the heaviest load being search functions from visitors.

Bunch of hoogli moogli that I am sure you dont give a rats behind about, you just want it in alphabetical order. :smile2:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We continue to grow, the server will need to be upgraded soon The Donation Season is Near. Please help as much as you can. Thanks Top.