Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by pk_powell, Jul 29, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey family:
    I have a new 733 closed face spinning reel. Only had it for about 3 or 4 months. Anyway this am don't ya know the current got my line and the next thing I knew I didn't have any line. It goes on my heavy action guidless rod.
    Now I'm trying to get the face off so I can respool,but darned if I can figure out to get the face off. Can anyone help me? I'd sure appreciate it,and thanks a bunch! pk:0a35: :0a35: :0a35:

2. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    I'll asume you're talking about the Zebco 733... I have a few of those myself...to get the top off to re-spool you'll want to turn the top cover counter-clockwise. It may take a bit of muscle but it wil come loose. If not grab a big pair of pliers to get a good grip on it. While you're in there, you may want to check the spinner head to see if it's loose. To tighten the spinner head grab the crank handle and the piece with the two pins sticking out (the spinner head) and turn the head not the handle clockwise. that'll tighten it down. I had a problem where my line kept snapping and it was due to a loose spinner head.

Hope this helps.

Greg

3. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    One more thang, if yall don't mind, is while in there also lube it up good with some quality oil and grease. I am givin both of yall reps.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It should unscrew. It might not be easy but thats how it should work.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You all are so precious and helpful to me.My husband finally was able to get it off but goodness sakes we had a time.I guess it's cause it's fairly new.Anyway we sprayed a little wd-40 in it,Hope I wasn't wrong for that but I do want it to work ok. I was out at 3:30am this morning. Ohhhhhhhhhh my how peaceful it was.The sky was so beautiful with all the twinkeling stars and such a gentle breeze.The only thing I lacked was one or two of ya all out with me just to share the joys of fishing and the magical atmosphere.
    I tried one of ya all's bait recipes old chicken skin and meat marinated in garlic but I think it was just dinks that kept playin with it either that or it was too lasy to eat and run.oh well it was just pure magic and I wish you all could've been there. Thanks Brothers and Sisters I surely appreciate it!---pk:big_smile_2::byebye:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad ya got it off Pat, they can be tight on there sometimes!!