Reels

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by criss, Jan 24, 2010.

1. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have two questions I need help with. One is does anybody know if the Penn 220 gto levelwindis any good on flats and blues? The other is wheres the best deals on cast nets?

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Never personally used the GTO series,but they,ve gotten quite a few bad reviews on here.I have used the Penn 320GT2 reels before and they,re a real workhorse.I think for the $20 extra,I,d try and stick with the GT2 series if ya can swing it.

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I know there are a fe people tha Use the 320 like is there religion....But i like the 309 an 209..but great reels...and only $50....The cast net question Walmart if you dont car about quality..And Cabelas if you want quality at a decent price

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree with both posts I own the 320GT2 and 309, I like the 320GT2 better but thats only because its a little more versatile and casts further, but the 309 is a winch

5. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Haven't used the later model Penn's but like the old 209-309 Penn's for fishing bait in both fresh and salt water.They can be a bear to cast until one gets used to them.If your thumb is not tough they will burn you bad throwing heavy weights.If you have a big fish hooked,they can't be beat.
    Jake