Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kmcalester, Sep 1, 2009.

1. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What's the best reel I can get for about $75 dollars?

2. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    I've been drooling over a shimano sahara there about 80 bucks and look like a darn good reel all the reveiws I've read say great things about them. Good luck in your quest.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I guess I should say baitcaster.

4. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    KM; In my humble opinion go the "bay" and check out what used reels are selling for and judge which ones have the highest resale value. I believe that the ones that hold their prices the best are the ones you should consider. "Money Talks, Bull Shift Walks!" You can listen to all the hype you want but when fishermen are laying their money down there has to be a good reason for it. Most of us use our money to buy the best we can reasonably afford. I have watched a lot of reels sale over the years and believe this is the fairest way to judge each reel on it's merits, the resale value. Guess why a used Rolls Royce is so much higher than a Chrysler or Chevy, greater value for the money spent.

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Used Abu Garcia 6500C3.

6. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Kevin If were, looking the 209 penn, is hard to beat,It will do anything you want takes a little getting use to casting. and last a life time. I like the older ones on ebay also I have a a 220 penn, that has served me good others have had problems, shimano has,a triton 200g that, should sell around their just bought one,
    and I'am impressed,
    I own 7 -7000 abu, 2 of these have been bought off ebay for under 70.00

7. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I would also say you can't go wrong with a abu . I have several 6000's and have started upgrading to 7000's . Best place is ebay for your price range , be patient and you'll find a good deal . Good luck :big_smile:

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    That's what I'd be getting too.

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have a couple, I am watching right now.

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    for 80 bucks I would get 2 Penn 210's off ebay

11. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Walmart has 6500 abu garcia combo with medium heavy rod for $70. Very nice deal.

12. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Kevin check your pm.

13. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    If it's from Wally World, it's probably junk or they wouldn't be selling it.

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sahara is a "heavy" reel made for bass.. but with heavy 30 + lb. line and a good rod i think it'd stand up just find to a hoss.:wink: I found one 1 day while fishin it was layin right there on the bank with a 7' ugly stick rod!! Man I was proud.:cool2:

15. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    For 75 bucks i've seen all kinds of great reels on ebay. 6500's,6600's,7000's and even 9000's in that price range. I picked up a 7000ic3 in like new condition a few months back for that. Keep a close eye out and you can find some great deals.

16. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a ground score awsome.

17. crawford1

crawford1 Member

State:
    west virginia
    Catfish connection has the 7000i abu garcia combo w/7ft rod for 99.00 plus a 15.00 rebate comes with it great deal awesome reels i have 3 of them.:wink:

18. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Has anyone seen my sahara/uglystick combo?? I just laid it down for a second.:wink::crazy::smile2::smile2:

19. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Used ABU 6500 or 7000 would be a great choice !

20. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Let me put in a plug for mine . I aquired a daiwa 27H last year and it is awsome all aluminum frame , not sure of bearing count but quite smooth and very easy to cast a mile in my opinion just as easy as the abu reels but feels sturdier to me and balances niceley on my uglycat rod with 20# mono and great drag to boot can be found on ebay for around $40 easy , bass pro completely re did mine and was still less than $75 total and the reel is like new now . I liked it enough to buy the bigger 47H for my MH Tiger rod , and should mention i have all the reels usually mentioned penns 500 . 140 , 320 , 9 , 210 , 310 , also abu 6000c , 6000 , 5000 , 7000 , and a variety more .