Reels need repair

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Smuggo, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I have a Penn 940 (gold,similar to abu 6500) that needs some work and my local repairman says he can't get parts to fix it. It's in pretty bad shape but like to get it back in service as it was a gift from my Dad. The overall condition is OK but has some problems with the gears (i think). I've seen this reel for sale recently so parts should be available.

Does anyone know of a repair shop I could ship to to get it repaired? I'm in SC and local would be better but beggars can't be choosers so any help is appreciated.

I also have a Abu 6000 (the newer red one) that needs some minor work and he said the same on parts. would prolly send that one along too and was wondering if there are any upgrades I could make to the 6000 with bushings/bearings or any other improvements to help performance.

Thanks in advance

2. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    check ebay for the parts. i have a penn 310gti that needed reapired he said would cost like 70 dollars to fix. thats parts and labor. i fixed it for under 20.. so look around

3. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
  4. Davidsed505

Davidsed505 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  5. 69Charger

69Charger New Member

State:
    Tx
    I buy all my parts for my penn reels at www.pennreels.com. The parts are authentic and most only cost a couple of bucks at the most.