REELFOOT LAKE

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by chambers bd, Jan 26, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folk's
    Does any body have any info or have fished Reelfoot Lake, I heard It was a good one. I gotta need for a road trip?

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I have been a few times. Caught a few crappie and bream. It is a huge lake with a lot of the water basically being in the woods. For me it is really tough to fish. It is also very shallow and full of stumps. If you can go at the right time of the year they catch a lot of fish. I am sure someone on here knows better than I.

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    A co-worker of mine goes down there every year w/ a bunch of guys and slays the crappie. He told me that if you don't know the lake or wonder off too far you could get lost.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've had good luck fishing the base of trees/stumps in 6-8 feet of water. Had some decent luck drifting lower blue basin, but lots of snags. Caught nothing but snags drifting the rest of the lake. When the water is up try the ditches by the islands - the current seems to draw them in.

If you have a depthfinder, try to find submerged stumps near a dropoff or hole. You should do well. Good luck!