reel tunups

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by slikk03, Jul 27, 2008.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anybodey in the boc do real tunups im to dumb to do it, if so whats the price, i got anthree abues c3 rocket and a red walmart 6000, just geeting a little ruff not as smooth, i wont touch them i shake bad and have no patice with small parts, good reels, name your price

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well..... cant tell ya much if you want to have your stuff done but i usually service my reels every 10 outings a just basically clean and oil/ grease everything i can touch.....

my buddy does some repair work for reels at a local bait&tackle so he showed me how to make reel drag discs and other stuff to make some cheaper reels real smooth and reliable as some high $ stuff.....

all my stuff is from Shakespeare Co. and ill probably never need a different company :tounge_out:

ive never went and bought stuff like reel grease or anything like that:confused2:... white grease on everything makes a reel nice for keeping reels rust free ( internally ) and my custom discs have hi temp brake grease packed in them.....

srry im not much help :embarassed:

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    You may want to check online for local Abu service centers or reel repair guys, or call the bait shops in your area for any info they may have on people who work on Abu's...

I'd be happy to do the work if you had Penn baitcasters and you were around DFW..

Good luck on finding some help with this!

4. Bassman13

Bassman13 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Contact me and I can give you some information.