Reel oil

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by jboy434, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    just trying to find out what is the best rel oil to use? i mostly use abu garcia bait casters if that matters.

thanks

2. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I use the 3 in 1 oil or the abu oil. A tube of abu oil from wally world will last a long time and is made for there reels.

3. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i usually used the 3n1 oil. i tried to edit my post to say reel but dont see where i can do that.

thanks

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive been using that quantum hot sauce reel grease and oil with good luck.

5. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    yellow rocket oil or sewing machine oil

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    I use a good grade of olive oil.
    Works for me :roll_eyes:

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would think any thin oil. In a pinch, even motor oil is better than no oil. I like the little tubes of oil you get at walmarts...but I thought it was from Zebco. Oh, well, guess it don't matter as to who the manufacturer is. LOL

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Growing up we just used 3 and 1 oil on the old 202's and 33's cause thats what we had around. I switched to the abu oil and liked it better. Now i use quantum hot sauce oil and grease and really like it. It cost a little more but is worth it.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
  10. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used to use 3 in 1 oil all the time, but back then I only fished in the summer when it was warm. Now a days, I even fish in the winter months, and the 3 in 1 oil can get really thick and slow the reel down on a cast on cold days. I started using the rocket fuel oil, and love it. It's thinner and doesn't seem to be affected by the cold like the other oil. I think that the yellow remington gun oil you get at Wally World would also work about the same as the yello rocket fuel as it seems to be of about the same viscocity, but I haven't got to try it yet.

11. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    thanks for all the great replies. i am gonna go to walmart this week and see what they have. last time i looked there they didnt have much of a selection.

thanks