Reel Help!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by tomcat85, Nov 11, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    So i just got and eagle claw reel its called the beast well i loosened and unloosened the handle you reel with and now its getting stuck sometimes and i cant seem to figure out what is wrong with it. i havent really used it yet and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what was wrong with it and if they did anything i can do to fix it besides taking it somewhere to get fixed. i thought it might be an easy fix. so who knows! thanks brothers!

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    lets see you loosened and unloosened the handle , was it the handle or the drag ? did you by some chance over tighten the cast drag ? if so loosen it back out it may be stuck . just keep fooling around and it should work its self out .

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Evidently you did not get the handle repositioned in its original position, and the handle is binding. Look at the reel extremely close, and take your time dissassembling it again. You should find where it is binding and fix it when you put the reel back together. That failing, you will have to figure out if the reel is worth the expense of sending it to a repair shop. Tough call.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks guys im gonna go mess with it now!

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    well just got done messing with it. i looked at it real close and it was wobbling around so i took the reel handle off (this is the first time ive done this) then i looked at the parts list and i think the reel cap is missing a washer b/c there is not one there and the parts paper says that there should be so i guess im going to send it back. im gladd its winter haha.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    If you bought it at a tackle store or department, and have the receipt, take it back there.

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i got it from catfish connection so hopefully they take it back.

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Tom,Im not dogging your pick of reels but You might think about taking it back and get yourself a better reel ?????? That is what Id do.....

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    nah i like the reel. plus it was a gift. i just want to get it fixed so i can use it when the time comes.

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah we use the excuse with our wives that for an extra 30 bucks we can have an even better reel , it use to work and still will long as they dont read this :lol:

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Did it work correctly before you loosened it up? I can't really helpyou cause I'm not familiar with that reel. Is it a spincast, spinning, or bait caster?

12. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    its a spinning reel and before i used ii it got stuck a little bit. im calling catfish connection today so hopefully they can help me out by returning it and sending me a new one. either that or finding the right part to fix it.

13. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    so i called catfish connection today and they tried to figure out the problem on the phone that definately didnt work lol. so im sending my reel back for a new one! im psyched and happy.