reel/fishing gear obssesion

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Kzoo catman, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Kzoo catman

Kzoo catman Active Member

State:
    michigan
    Name:
    jason
    my wife hates my fishing collection and we argue about it clustering up the house.im going to keep collecting no matter what.who else has a fishing gear hoard?i need to show her that I'm not in this alone.lol IMG_0939.JPG IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0937.JPG IMG_0938.JPG

dex, Eldorado, Doc-a-boo and 9 others like this.
  2. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Lol you need help. Naaa, it's the same with me as with many of us

Eldorado, Doc-a-boo, Mac-b and 3 others like this.

3. OkSixpack

OkSixpack Well-Known Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Name:
    Jim
    Hey, I'm jealous!

Doc-a-boo, Mac-b and Kzoo catman like this.
  4. Kzoo catman

State:
    michigan
    Name:
    jason
    that's what I was thinking blade 4130..thanks for letting me know in not a hoarder.haha .i pick most of my gear from garage sales so I don't spend that much on it.i get penns anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks.once in awhile get abus for the same.i repair each one that needs it and that's what I like about collecting.

5. hookslinger

hookslinger Member Supporting Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Name:
    Tony
    I thought I had "it" bad but you win!

6. hurt locker

hurt locker Active Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I'm IN!! Mostly reels though I do have a bunch of rods but a lot of them are Walleye boat rods for Lake Erie.

OkSixpack and Kzoo catman like this.
  7. BillSki

BillSki Active Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Name:
    Bill
    I use to be a pretty insane collector, had tons of vintage rods/reels and gear. Even made some good side money making parts for vintage reels for a while. At one point I had over 100 old mitchell reels alone and god knows how many Rubbermaid containers overflowing with parts. Back then I fished with cheaper gear but I started getting into more and more types of fishing and was needing better equiptment. Eventually I sold off all my vintage collectables and parts to buy newer high end stuff. Now I only have a few items in my collection which are mainly just sentimental, but my aresenal of gear I use has gotten to be a bit extreme. I have 35 complete rod/reel setups from ultritle trout rods to xxh offshore marlin/tuna gear. Plus 8 fly fishing setups, and probably another dozen or so "loaner" setups I let my friends use. Every year I usually buy at least one more rod/reel setup or replace one and swap it to the loaner pile.

Luckily I'm not married so no one gives me crap about my insanity.... :O_o:

Eldorado, OkSixpack, Mac-b and 3 others like this.
  8. Kzoo catman

State:
    michigan
    Name:
    jason
    my new obsession is centerpin gear for salmon and steelhead,that stuff is expensive for sure,my steelhead islander centerpin reel was 400 bucks.don't tell the wife.haha.she doesn't understand that one fishing rod and reel will not work for all the types of fishing I do.michigan has many types of fish swimming in its lakes,rivers and streams.i need the right gear for every and any situation.my tackle bags are over flowing too.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Eldorado, OkSixpack, Novamega and 2 others like this.
  9. HaskelCat

HaskelCat Member

State:
    KY
    I'm not on that level yet, but I'm trying
    :)

10. crcanter

crcanter Active Member

State:
    WV
    Name:
    Craig
    Same here... looks like you'll be on an episode of Hoarders before I will!

Eldorado, OkSixpack, Mac-b and 2 others like this.
  11. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Can you spell "eBay".

Remember you can sell things there also.

12. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    My wife didn't say a word as long as they were in a pile in the corner of my shop but when I did the overhead rack then she pitched a fit on how many I had.

Eldorado, OkSixpack and HaskelCat like this.
  13. HaskelCat

HaskelCat Member

State:
    KY
    True, but I seem to buy 2 for every 1 I sell.

14. Kzoo catman

State:
    michigan
    Name:
    jason
    oh man I make my living selling on ebay,letgo and craigslist but have a hard time selling fishing gear.i specialize in fixing electronics like playstations, Nintendo,xbox 360 game systems and selling them along with fishing gear I don't want. I also repair Tecumseh small engines and sell parts for them because I bought 2 van loads of Tecumseh parts at a sale.i also have a huge coleman lantern collection of at least 50 various lanterns/heaters.i go to lots garage sales all over the state every day of the week ,stock up a bunch of crap to get me thru winter and then start all over early spring..im a picker pretty much except I don't do antiques.well fishing gear I guess.haha

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    OkSixpack, Novamega and Blade4130 like this.
  15. surfcat

surfcat Well-Known Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Name:
    Nick
    My wife is awesome, she let me put the rod rack up in our living room.

I don't have that much stuff like you have, as I sell gear that I decide I don't want or need any more, but I have a decent amount.

I will have to count them up when I get home.

Eldorado, OkSixpack and Mac-b like this.
  16. Kzoo catman

State:
    michigan
    Name:
    jason
    that's were mine are mounted on the ceiling in my living room and hallway.my goal is for the whole ceiling to be rod and reel combos.i have about 50 combos I use and then tubs of reels.i also sell some gear but its my retirement plan.lol.i also make my own sinkers,soft plastics for bass.love everything about fishing.my lead ingots are getting out of control also I lost track at about 400 1lb bars.i get 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights for 5 bucks.lead is getting expensive at almost a dollar a pound around here for pure lead.wheel weights are a lot of mixed metal now with zinc and steel but I'm good at sorting them and zinc melts at a higher temp than lead..

surfcat, Eldorado and OkSixpack like this.
  17. Damrod

Damrod Member

Name:
    Damien
    Nice collection.

I am no where near that point...lol.

I am a tackle junkie though. There is always another piece of gear that I am wanting. Especially rods and reels. Heck there are prob 6-8 reels and maybe 8-10 rods that I want. Don't "need" them, just want them. I have 16 perfectly good rigs right now...but....that doesn't really matter.

The wife is OK with it. She is a Christmas tree and ornament fanatic so leading up to fall and winter is her buying time. After Christmas is my buying time...lol...hey, fair is fair.

Eldorado and OkSixpack like this.
  18. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Haven't had time to take a pic or to but I have the following. 2 garcia 7000 C3's paired with a TWC Extreme and one Surge Elite rod.

I have 1 Catmaxx, five Abu 6500 trophy cats in blue, gold, purple and 2 orange catfish specials. They are paired with 3 rippin lips rods and three Denali Bottom Feeder Rods.

I also have 5 crappie and two bass set ups. All abu revo spinning but one revo baitcaster and one BP Johnny Morris Elite baitcaster. Oh yeah, all are paired up with Abu Veratas rods but one and that is paired with BP Carbonlite rod.

I have 3 spoonbill snaggin outfits as well, plus two bait rods that I use to catch bluegill for bait.

LoL

OkSixpack and HaskelCat like this.
  19. Eldorado

Eldorado New Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Dale
    Lol...mine are still in the corner but are starting to take up a second corner.

OkSixpack likes this.
  20. OkSixpack

OkSixpack Well-Known Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Name:
    Jim
    I used to say it was either spend money on fishing and hunting gear, or spend money at the strip clubs.....of course it didn't help my cause any that she knew it was just a bluff.

Blade4130 likes this.