Reedy River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by daveaf, Jun 25, 2007.

1. daveaf

daveaf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The Reedy River is essentially in my back yard, and was wondering if anyone has ever fished in this river. I have caught a bunch of shell crackers from the river, just for the fun of the pull, then threw them back. Also caught a bunch of bullheads out as well. Is this a river that produces any cats with some size???

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    If you know where some of the deeper holes are put on some of those shellcracker and fish there for flatheads.You gone have to have some heavey equipment to get them out though because some of the fish will be big.How close to the lake do you live on the river?

3. daveaf

daveaf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I live in southern greenville county, about an hour from greenwood. There is a deep hole in a bend above a small shoal behind my house, as well as large shoal down from my home. Think those would be some prime spots

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Oh yeah but its gone take some patience and you might not get a flathead the first few times you fish it but stick with it.The shaol would be better at night time though and the hole should be alright day and night.I would drop some cutbait in the holes for some channel cats too because its loaded with them.

5. daveaf

daveaf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Cool thank you for the info. Another question, the water is moving along pretty good in both areas, what would be the best rig to keep the bait from being hung up in the rocks on the bottom. A carolina rig, or a three way sivel rig??
    Thanks for all the great knowledge

6. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris does the reedy join up with greenwood or does it dump directly into greenwood? I know there are several dams here in greenville, the last one I know of is at boyds mill in conastee. I have caught several channels and bullheads in downtown greenville while trying to catch bream for bait.

7. daveaf

daveaf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    flatheadhunterx how deep where you fishing?? I assume using nightcrawlers or crickets?? I think that the reedy joins up with the saluda in lake greenwood; at twin rivers. I may be wrong though.
    What I have thought about doing is floating down the river from behind my house. I am just alittle unsure about some of the faster water, and also about getting back up. I am thinking trolling motor may be the ticket.
    Thanks for the help

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Dave I catch bait up at reedy falls in downtown I have never fished in reedy anywhere other than that. but the small cats I caught were on red worms under a float.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah what Dave said it dumps into Greenwood.If you ar above Boyds Mill they might not be flatheads in that part but still should be plenty of good sized channels.