Reducing recoil with your firearm / gun for pennies, yep pennies!

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by peewee williams, Oct 4, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I see every now and then on here and other places where folks are trying to get the recoil reduced in a gun or wanting to buy a gun with less recoil for a child.Many guns have a hole bored up the butt stock to reach the bolt that holds the stock to the action.Many are the size that will hold pennies.Cut out 6 rubber plugs out of a old truck tire inner tube or 1/2"-3/4" of rubber when stacked out of what you can get.The plugs need to be 3/4" in diameter to match the pennies.put a plug in the stock first,then fill it with pennies until near the top.I always alternate 3 plugs between 4 pennies near the top and then the top is capped with 2 rubber plugs and then butt plate.It will take a little trial and effort but get it to come out with the top one tight or slightly compressed against the butt plate.you do not want slack to hammer your butt plate and crack it.It averages 3 rolls of pennies so get 4 to make sure.I have been doing it for 50 years.It is surprising what this weight will do with recoil on many guns.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee