redriver

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bluecatnut, Nov 2, 2005.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    has anyone fished the red river in clarksville near vulcan materials
    any help would be appreciated i would be bank fishing

thank you in advance

dusty
    U.S.M.C.ALUMNI

COURAGE DOING THE RIGHT THINF WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING

2. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't in years but I used to fish up it sometimes from a boat. I've caught a lot of white bass and some pretty good crappie up there. It's filled with logs, trees and no telling what else. There should be some good fishing there.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Never bank fished it, but been way up there in a boat. Tons and tons of structure in there. Log jams near the bridges, submerged stumps, weed beds, etc. Lot's or eating size channels in there and I'd bet that it's just full of flatheads at night. Depth is about 25 feet most of the way to the interstate. It's a pretty good place to fish in the summer as it's totally under tree cover. But if there's no current, the water just plain looks bad. Been a couple of years since I was in there, but it's got lot's of fish in it.

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    grumpy, bryan i know this is the place to put this but what size boat would u recommend for fishing out here i know i would like a jon boat atleast 16ft or would u recommed something a littlebigger and what size motor would u recommend thanks in advance

dusty

u.s.m.c. alumni

5. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I catch the heck out of eatin' size channels in the Adams area during May and June. Sit on the outside of a bend and throw cutbait out and just let it drift.