Rednecks Soap Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by xposedguts, Oct 9, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Any reviews from users? I might try it on some jugs

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Dan, I used it once and had no luck. The rest of what I bought I still have. I will give it a chance one more time and see but I really think there is better bait out there.
    Bill

3. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    Dan, save your money. I bought some and never got a bite using it. I still have some left.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    For my money, you can't beat fresh shad or skipjack. If you don't have skipjack in your area, you may have mooneyes, which are supposed to be just as good. I've never had any luck with frozen shad, but I've caught a lot of fish on frozen skipjack.

5. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yea i use cut sunfish i catch for channels and whatnot, works great and dosnt cost me anything. Ill probably stick to that, but i am curious to try everything out there

6. DADJBW

DADJBW New Member

State:
    texas
    how big of a piece of bluegill do you use? which part?

7. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I cut them in three, favorite part to use is the head, but i also use the middle and tail. There on the small side.

8. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Dan, my wife order some a few months ago we had no luck with it.

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I use Zote soap and Ivory soap. Can do good with it sometimes usually early in the spring. Once it starts getting hot it doesn't work well at all. It's not a bait I would use on rod and reel. Use on trotlines or limblines. The only advantage in using the soap is that u stay clean and you won't catch no turtles or any gar or other trash fish. Catfish have thousands of tastebuds in their skin and they swim thru the water tasting it so something different usually will intrigue them if they are active. My father in law won't use nothing else but Ivory soap and he uses a cheese slicer to cut it up with. Don't try and cut Ivory soap up with a knife cause it will break up on you. Monofilament line will work and so will dental floss, But I prefer a cheap cheese slicer myself.

Another thing u can do to make a catfish hole is by souring corn.

buy a bag of cheap corn. Poor most of it in a burlap bag and put it in a 5gal bucket. Fill the bucket up with water. Make sure all the corn stays covered with water. Put the lid on the bucket and let it set for about two wks. Check every couple days and add more water if ya need to. When it is good and sour take it out to where you want to fish. Put a big rock or brick in the bottom of the sack. throw some of the corn out spreading it around to help bait your hole. Tie off the top of the burlap bag and tie a rope below the knot and lower the sack down to the bottom. Come back the next day or two and start fishing. Use your favorite bait.

The sour mash will attract the catfish and keep them there for as long as the keeps. Which is usually 2 to 4 wks depending on the weather, sometimes longer.

Good luck

10. Bazpro

Bazpro New Member

State:
    VA
    Good reading Whisker. I'm trying the corn next time I go out.

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I tried it for several months just to give it a good chance, but never got A bite on it :angry:

12. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Any boady want to see ther's for cheap?