redneck or bachlor omelet

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by catfish kenny, Apr 13, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    1 healthy chunk of summer sausage
    dice your onion-bell pepper and a smidge of jaupino
    couple fork beat eggs and nuke it till 90% done pull it out and cover it with couple slices of cheese then finish nuking till done
    add salt-n-pepper then enjoy
    Me and Lilly did this the other day and today -Its cheap and fast,works in a pinch :wink: Little doctorin and you to can be a redneck microwave gourmet cook

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey Kenny, That sounds good. Wife is gone and I have all the stuff to make one so will stick one in this morning.
    Thanks
    Bill

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    sounds good but I made mine in a skillet and used the same thing but added bologna and potatos and it was the bomb.

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I do mine in a skillet too, put some meat of some kind and set to the side-- I usually do some sausauge or ham ( whatever you want, but something quick) and cook either O'Brian potatoes, or hash browns (NOT in patty form) in the same pan and then pour my eggs over that, add my meat to it and cook and stir till eggs are done...VOILA one skillet breakfast, quick, easy and good. Course this isn't an omelet per se, just a great breakfast for those who like hot cooked food :)

It's a requested favorite in this household. :tounge_out:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds great ,Kenny. I aint much on zappin food except to warm it . I like my omlets cooked on the ole cast arn skillet.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    this concoction Cher makes looks as if it's already been eaten once (YUCK, my bad) but talk bout some fine vittles. All ya need is a splash of hot sauce.

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think the official name for that is "THE MESS"!:smile2: You're talking some good vittles there.:wink: That's my kind of breakfast.:roll_eyes: About the only thing I use a microwave for is to warm left overs.:eek:oooh: I don't really like to cook in a microwave.

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds like some good stuff there

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Next time gonna do the taters-I normaly dont like the nuklear assult on food either but It works out well in a pinch.
    Besides fellas you make yer special lady breakfast some time and get back with me:big_smile::wink:-bet she will even let you go fishing!(LOL)

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    yep try one of these for the gal pal she'll be impressed! and it really tastes great!:tounge_out: no way to mess it up unless you just cook it to death or something! Did I mention that on of my known nic names is "High Flame Hattie" :embarassed:

I am fast outgrowing that one though!!! Now they want me to take things out of the oven BEFORE they are done...and I so eloquently refuse :)

11. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ok, now I'm hungry. Thats yall.. :big_smile:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Kenny a good idea. Your making me hungry.

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Yup... I learned this in college up in ND. Too cold to get out of bed and make food... microwave meals on the fly and jump back in the covers. It is a beautiful thing.