Redneck gardening?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by samh, Jun 5, 2006.

1. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Does this make the "you might be a redneck list?"

I've kind of neglected the garden last few weeks and the it kinda got away from me, so this afternoon I decided to work it out, I had to use my weedeater to cut the crab grass and wweds out of the middles and around the 'mater plants before I could till it up. This was probably one of those things a guy shouldn't fess up, but I know ya'll won't tell.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It always amazed me how i could spend 10 minutes a day to work garden. neglect it for a week and spend 2 hours fixing it .

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That's the truth! How can it get away from you so fast? If I look at my little tomato/pepper patch daily, I only pull a small handful of weeds, but if I miss a few days...brother!! Talking about "redneck"; I needed a trellis of some sort for a couple of my scraggly running roses, so I used the easel's that flowers are put on at funerals. Now, don't think I'm horrible...we had several of these left from my mothers' & my sister-in-law's burials. I hated to waste them, & now I've found a good use for them. (Am I awful?) They work really good....:embarassed:

4. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Well I guess you never have to worry about putting flowers back on em:crazy:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Sam, your secret is safe here:wink: :big_smile:

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Only if it's a homemade weedeater!:smile2:

7. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hey, what decient redneck would mess in the garden when he could be watchin nascar!:angry: ain't that your wifes spare time project?:big_smile:
    next thing you won't need your wife since she's already been partially replaced by the tv remote!:eek:oooh:

8. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Sam, Several years ago I planted my 'maters' far enough apart I could run between them with the riding lawn mower. It worked pretty good but it just didn't feel right.
    :confused2:

ST

9. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I know they've got round-up ready corn on the market, I want'em to come up with round-up ready 'maters, squash, peas and everything else in the garden, then we could just plant and spray, then I might have a clean garden that looks as good as my grandpaws used too.

10. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Redneck gardening? I thought the post was gonna be about how to grow real rednecks! LOL!

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nope...I think we already know how to grow rednecks...doesn't seem to be a short supply here!!!:lol:

12. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm too lazy to tend my garden regularly. I put out a sheet of black plastic the size of my garden and cut holes where I want the plants to be.
    No muss no fuss never have to hoe, weed, or water just tie up the tomatoes.