Rediversion night fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN, Jul 28, 2009.

1. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Fished for 7 hours the other night with one 15lb Blue to show for it.
    Went to get camera and realized it was at home on the counter.
    Would have been my new avatar.Oh well,was a nice cool evening and no
    bugs to speak of.One or two others were fishing way on down from me,but I didnt see that they got much either.Caught the fish on a home dug crawler on 12lb test....was a good fight.Be back up there the weekend I hope.

2. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well at least you WERE fishing. You could be like me and hung up high and dry for a week or two..:cool2:
    Congrats!!!

3. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    12 lb test... ??? :crazy::confused2:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    There's nothing better then going out an getting the line wet Keith. Congrats on the catch!

5. TXCatfishinSC

TXCatfishinSC New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hopefully I'll be able to join you in a week or two!

6. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Yes it was 12lb test.I was fishing two rods with cutbait and two rods with crawlers.He hit one of the rods with a crawler...a 4500 narrow spool loaded with 12lb ande.

7. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Forgot to mention I must have fought that fish for 15 minutes.Had I tried to force the issue with him at all it would have been game over.It made those hours of fishing well worth it to me.I released him to go grow up some more.

8. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I caught one blue this spring while crappie fishing with light tackle. It's a blast, but it makes my nervous. Glad you had a good time. How far to have to haul your stuff to fish there?

9. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Not far at all.I park at the bridge that goes over the canal on hwy 52,and then drag my cart down the hill by the bridge to the water.There is a road all along the canal on that side and I just go down the road until I see a spot I like.I have had good luck right under the bridge many times in the past.Light tackle is fun.While I have 50lb leader on my bigger rods,I still use 20lb mainline.That may change as Im gonna hopefully target some bigger fish one of these days.Thanks for the replys.