Rediversion 9-12-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by scwolf, Nov 12, 2009.

1. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well Judy and I finally made it to the water this afternoon, and let me tell you after 3 months of being 2000 miles away from south Carolina, it was a welcome site just to pull up to Russellville for some bait!! We didn't get fishing until about 4pm, but despite the wind and misty rain we managed a few bites and put one 6lb channel on the hill before dark. Once dark hit we moved locations and found a good spot to drop down the edge of the bank and block the wind. Well as soon as I got the first three rods set out we noticed a light up at the truck and as I came up the bank to check on it, the man yelled out Sherrifs Department. I met him half way and he said the were hunting a man wanted for murder earlier and were thinking he may start walking the dike along the canal, told me if anyone come up asking for a ride call 911......LOL....no need, before the sherrifs tail lights were out of view we were already loaded and on the way back home.

No matter.....was a great trip with my beautiful lady.....and great to be home!!

2. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Glad you guys are safe. You and the Misses didnt waste anytime getting back on the canal!

3. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yea was just reading a story online...looks like the shooting was tuesday afternoon at the russellville store.

Rolled in to florence Sunday from Denver,co......rested....waited for the storm to pass and headed out today...lol....planning on hopefully going back Sunday with some warmer weather

4. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Good luck to ya and stay safe!

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah that sounds like a good reason to head home glad to hear yall still had fun

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You were probably just in his favorite fishing spot... lmao :smile2:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad to have you back!! The drift sock I got from you works like a champ. We'll have to get together and fish sometime.

Bill in SC

8. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Bill, it's definately good to be back. Glad to hear the sock is working good and yes we will definately have to get together and fish sometime. I'm working up in NC right now around Wilmington, so I am able to come home on the weekends.

Judy and I trieds the Rediversion again last night for a little while. We only managed one small blue and a small striper, but was still a good night on the water.