Redemption tonight at the 378 bridge...

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by harper81, Jun 24, 2007.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Went did a little bluegill fishing for bait in a neighborhood pond. Got to the bridge around 9:30. Baited up and casted out and about 20 minutes later my pole is bending hard. I picked it up and I gave that fish no chance to break off. I reeled as fast as humanly possible. We got it up on shore and weighed it using my $4 Walmart scale and it showed 12 lbs. I think its a little off, but thats what we will go with since thats all I got. But on the down side that is the only fish caught all night, so I am said to report it went under the knife rather than CPR. Will post pics as soon as my buddy gets them uploaded. Oh it was a blue by the way.

2. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Here is the pic. Thanks Hoile.

Attached Files:

3. Hoile

Hoile New Member

State:
    Shaw AFB, South Carolina
    No problem buddy! Next time i'm catching a fish while you sit there the whole night. :wink:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A couple of Air Force guys chasin cats. ALLRITE! Thanx fpr sharein the story and pic.

5. Threadkilla

Threadkilla New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice work. If you are only going to catch one fish, a twelve pound blue is a nice way to go.

6. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Congrats on the 12 lber - nice fish! Hate I didn't make it to 378, but I was fishing with my dad, and he wanted to stay at the dam.

I also wanted to say welcome to Holie and Threadkilla - Y'all see if you can keep Harper straight. Nothing like having good fishing partners with a little friendly competition to make things really fun.

(My wife says to try and make sure that Harper's wife doesn't become a Catfish Widow, especially as he seems to have the bug as bad as I do - he's got to get her out there some, too..)