Redear

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jun 7, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i'am a true redear fisherman, just like to hear of any other brothers thats like me when it comes to redear fishing. my dad left me with the redear fever and my 6yr old is right there. heres one.

2. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    theres one of many redear pitures i have.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Bigcatdaddy ,That looks like some mighty tasty bait you've got there . How many did you get? I won't ask where ,just like to see Indiand represented .

4. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    leonard, i've caught my limit on redear alot in that southern indiana lake. same as crappie and big cats. i like to share with my boc brothers, i posted a few times about a small lake in southern indiana thats like gold. it's not on the map, but its 1400 acres of water i've been fishing it since i was 2ys old. i guess if you fish a place a long time they will come to you.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Scott, that sounds like nice honey hole. 1400 acres is a good size lake not be on a map. I have a place at coal city that has some big gills, bass and large channels but the redears don't seem to do well in it. We put in crappies years ago and didn't start catching them until about 5 years later they had grown to 3 1/2 lbs. Just started to hit baits one year. But the redears never did take to bait. I don't know how long they live or if they spawned in the pits or not.
    Lenny

6. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    lenny not sure on pits and how long they live and bred. the lake thats 1400 acres thats not on indiana map is dogwood lake in daviees co. i'am on the way now to a lake in northern indiana(mississewa) to do some cat'n and crappie fishing with a buddy, hope we catch some fish bro.

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I love catching big panfish. I don't care whether it's redear or bluegill. They both taste good and it's fun catching them on an ultralite with 2lb test. I'd love to get over there to that lake and catch a mess.

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I love catching big panfish. I don't care whether it's redear or bluegill. They both taste good and it's fun catching them on an ultralite with 2lb test. I'd love to get over there to that lake and catch a mess. Just don't have time right now.

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Love catching redears, love eating them too! It's also the best way to introduce children to fishing. When the redears are biting, there is no boredom!

10. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Gut-em, scale-em, lop their heads off, cook-em, tasty little devils. I particularly love them out of cold water..through the ice if I can get them. Started all my kids on them and bullheads. Great fun even if you have to take-em off the hook for a couple hours.
    Don

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Scott , my cousin said "i bet he fished dogwood"

12. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    hey brothers,

anyone been catching any big gill's or redear?

13. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Not me. Haven't been fishing. Ain't had the time.