Red Sox Fans?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by floundahman, Apr 16, 2007.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Was wondering if there were any other Red Sox fans out there. I don't believe that there are any true catfish in MA (just bullheads). MA isn't included in the States area of the board; and I haven't noticed anyone posting from MA. I don't live there anymore but I've been a Sox fan all my life and don't plan on changing just because I moved. Anyway we're in first place! I know it's way too early to get excited about it but it's a good place to start, and it's never too early to talk some smack to Yankees fans LOL.

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Well it's May 18 and the Sox have a 9 1/2 game lead over the Yankees. This may be a party of 1 but I'm enjoying the baseball season so far.:003:

(I haven't forgotten 1978 so I'm not getting too excited yet.)

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I live here is St. Louis Cardinals country (Yes, we are still bitter about the 2004 whipping you guys put on us) :angry: My favorite Red Sox player is Tim Wakefield. It feels good knowing that I can still throw harder than a major league pitcher....:lol:

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Alan, I'm sure that you could have fooled more hitters than Wakefield did last night too. Man when his knuckleball is working he's great. When it hangs or he has to throw his "fastball" we're in trouble.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well I'm a diehard YANKEES fan but you know what I dont mind The SOX being in first.I hated it last year when the SOX had all those injuries and fell out of contention.You might think it strange I felt bad about that but the strenght of your victories is measured by the power of your enemies.Just wasnt the same to me not having to worry about the SOX and quite frankly I dont think it was the same for the YANKEES either.They lost their drive.I couldn't believe Chipper Jones was whining on TV about the Braves always having to play the RSOX during inter league play.He should be honored!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:If he can beat Boston regularly then he wont have to worry about the Mets.I would like to thank all Cardinal fans for giving us YANKEE fans something to cheer about.JEEZ what a collapse.My heartfelt sympathy.Perhaps we could combine the teams and make one good Major League team out of both rosters.:big_smile::lol:In any case its early days and a long season but for me I'm glad the SOX are up there for the YANKEES to look up at,should be right motivational!!!!:lol:play Ball!!!!!!

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jim, I agree. The fun is in the fight. The Sox and Yanks have to be duking it out come September or there's something wrong. A couple of weeks ago, I saw an interview with Jason Varitek and he was convinced that the final series between the two teams was going to have post season implications. I hope he's right (Of course I'm hoping that the Sox prevail this time). This happens to be my all time favorite sports rivalry. As soon as we leave town, I wouldn't mind seeing the Yankees win a few.

7. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    now Jim,
    i normally agree with you about most everything. however i happen to be a brave's fan. i'll let you slide this time. right behind the bravo's i've always liked the bosox. my 1st lil' league team just always stuck. i have to say that the sox yanks rivalry is probably one of the greatsest rivalry's in not just b-ball but sports period.

8. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    Well not everyone has "GOOD" taste. GO YANKS!!!:lol::lol: If it is BASEBALL its fine with me.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jonathan I wasn't knocking the Braves, who may be the most under appreciated baseball team ever.I love them because they provided one of the great Yankee highlights ever in the series :lol::smile2::eek:oooh::tounge_out:I was just wondering why Chipper would not want to play the Sox? He just didnt seem to be the kind of player that would whine about the schedule.Doesnt matter in any case as I agree its all baseball!!:lol:

10. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    My Grandma used to say "Some people's taste is all in their mouth.":big_smile:
    If that's the case I'd say that both Red Sox and Yankees fans got plenty:wink:.

Go Sox!

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well Im true blue yankee fan and would usually have a whole text book of really nice things to say right about now. But beins our season is what it is I will hang my head and keep my mouth shut for once LOL

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    gotta love it dont ya? there is just nothin like the sound of a 90+ fastball smacking the leather behind the plate. and your right Jim, i wouldnt expect that outa Chipper either.
    btw... what did Giambi pop the wiz quiz for? was it steroids or amphetamines i have heard both and i was just wondering?
    J.D.

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    apparently catfish arent red sox fans or youd have them in mass. lol......
    around here in Cardinal country it is believed that it is bad luck to put your line in the water wearin a red sox or cubs hat!! LOLOLOL at least by me it is!

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Im not sure about Giambino.The club says he didnt pop for anything and I would find it hard to believe he would be that stupid.One sportscaster did say that now that Giambi has apologized for doing steroids he should also apologize to all baseball fans that have had to watch him try and play first base.:big_smile::lol::eek:oooh:Cant argue with that one.Good win for the Yanks last night.great game by Petitte along with some good hitting.I love beating up on Schilling.:lol::wink:

15. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    :cry: Yup, them Yankees whooped us last night. Got to hand it to Pettit. I think we got you all again next week.

16. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro

Amazing the lengths the Yankees will go to disappoint Red Sox fans. Since the Sox left NY, they haven't lost, and the Yankees haven't won. As much as I'm loving the Sox being 21 games over .500 in May, I fear it will be easy for apathy to set in with everyone else (and especially the Yankees) being so far back.

17. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Trust me you have nothing to fear and we Yankee backers have nothing to offer.Enjoy the ride because I dont see the Yankees contending.IF they played 500 ball the rest of the way,which they haven't been able to do so far,they would finish with 70+ wins.They will get up for Fenway and do well I suspect but they only play the Sox 19 times.:smile2::tounge_out::big_smile::wink:

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yankees win that division. red sox will fold. you heard it here first. roger is comin back and we all know pettite cant live without his better half. wang is gonna turn it on. its gettin hot outside and yankee pitching always turns it on right about now. the curse lives on!

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sure good to see that youthful enthusiam from Yankee fans ,HOWEVER have you noticed that lately Pitching isn't the problem.Pettite was excellent last night but the vaunted O hasnt gotton any timely hits lately.Look at the scores they lost to the Angels by ,Good pitching no hitting.Abreu,Cano,1st Base,Giambi,Damon,Matsui cant hit their way out of a wet paper bag right now.No way they make up 14 games on the Sox.WIld Card would be their only hope and quite frankly I would feel much better if they ahd to kick,bite and scratch their way in.Division winners havent had much luck lately in the world series PARTICULARLY teams that finished with big leads.JUST ASK THE YANKEES last year.Clemens will do NOTHING for the Yankees.He didnt do anything while he was there in his prime,how many rings did they win with Roger?:smile2:

20. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Shane, gotta respect the "never say die" attitude and team loyalty, but I think you should get inside to some air conditioning, I think the heat is making you a little delirious.:wink: If you're pinning your hopes on Clemmens (who may get 22 starts in between trips home) you may need some Gatorade as well. Roger is in it for Roger, not for the Yankees. He's not traveling with the team unless he's going to pitch? I wonder how that will go over in the locker room. Both Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver pitched their stat padding years with the Red Sox, didn't do them much good and I don't expect that Roger Clemmens will be the savior of the Yankees either. I predict he goes 8 and 8 and adds to his hall of fame numbers, but does little to help the team.