Red Rock Question

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Foreverdark, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am goin campin down around Red Rock around the 26th of September. I was wondering if the flathead would still be biting around that time? Been showin my buddy all the flathead pictures on here and he is just as hyper to try it as I am.

Any ideas if they would be? And what live bait would be best at that time of year?

2. mr.snag

mr.snag New Member

State:
    IA
    Never been to redrock but dont know how fishing for flats could go wrong with live bait ..

3. ronniethomas

ronniethomas New Member

State:
    iowa
    Couldn,t tell ya how the fishing is on that lake but i've wanted to go down there and fish myself but never have, let me know how u do and good luck

4. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Are you planning on fishing the lake or the Lake?

5. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, I am not sure at this moment. I am not entirely familiar with RedRock. Right now, we are looking at Elk Rock to camp. My buddy wants to hit below the dam at some point while there. Which would you suggest for flats?

6. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa

Grew up on Red Rock and not much of a Flathead lake to begin with. You will have better luck at the spillway then on the main lake of catching one. Now if your after channel and you have a boat I can tell you were to kill them on the lake during that time of the year. We have our yearly fishing trip to Red Rock the weekend before and will post our results. Between the 6 of us we will catch about 100 cats per day.