Red Rock Lake

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by madcater, Aug 14, 2007.

1. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    is there any one here that fishis red rock or the river just looking for some more people to fish with that are close buy knoxville area new to the boc

2. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Just reading tonight where a guy was camping at Red Rock and caught quite a few cats, three mornings in a row off the bank at the campsite he was staying at. Liver and worms.

3. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    you would not know what campsite that would be by any chance its been pretty slow fishin for me

4. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I just came thru there the lake is running low due to them wanting to work on one of the gates of dam . There is river fishing on both sides of dam. If you are coming into dam area from knoxville the first little campground is the best your campsite is right on river. If you are coming in on pella side there are no sites on the river but close. Hope that helps!!:tounge_out:

5. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    ya i have been fishin blow the dam alot lately i have no luck down there never have well i am going to county pond to night ill let yall know

6. Christeske83

Christeske83 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm Not from around knoxville But I'm working up there on 3m But I've been fishing below the dam using liver shad and I've had some luck Cought 5 cat the biggest was 7 lbs but the waters so high right now so fishings slow.:cool2: