red river!

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by massa_jorge, Apr 1, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we are heading down to the red river in the morning, it's going to be a 4 day trip. i have been catching shad up here like a madman, in case i can't catch any down there! i will be fishing below the denison dam all the way down to shawnee creek, then i will fish on the oklahoma side of the point where the creek dumps in to the river. i figure there has to be some bigguns there. after we fish the river for a few days, we might head up to n.e. oklahoma to snag spoonbills. i have waited a long time for this trip! i will post results when i get back.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jordan, just be sure you get an Oklahoma license and a permit for the paddlefish. No sense giving the state your money if you don't have to.

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I know it is up me and Johnny went cross it last week heading to Palestine. We crossed it at 41 landing...looked good 2:tounge_out: Had to put blinders on him to mkeep going south!!!:wink:

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well that was a heck of a trip. it rained and blew and hailed like crazy, and we stayed out in it all. i was right for catching shad before i left, they were hard to come by except for little 2 inchers. caught a load of stripers, which are incidental, and only a couple cats. biggest cat was a 16 pound channel cat. the rest were much smaller. called my buddy in pryor and they were catching spoonbills on the grand river. we bought a case of 10/0 trebles and broke camp. called in the morning before we left and no one was running water!!! they were working on the floodgates at grand i guess. we didn't catch as many fish as we are used to, but that's fishing.

5. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    sounded fun rick