Red River

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Bungarian, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    It seems like a lot of the local people fish Red River. Can you give me some locations were I can bank fish. Don't give up your secret spot but I don't know that many places where you can fish from the bank at all.

I could try fishing from the Boardwalk. HAHA

2. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Might not be a bad spot right there near the bridge pilings!!!:roll_eyes:

I can't help you with the bank fishing. I use my boat. I know some people fish the tail waters of the Lock and Dam and they do pretty good.

3. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Try the rocks in front of the Centry Tell, or the Sport side around the jetties. Hope this helps.

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Below lock and dam 5 is probably the best fishing on the river.

5. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    I see some folks near the train tressle just up from the teague launch. On both sides of the river.

6. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    we have a member in kansas that bank fishes ......... he says anywhere close to the swimming spots are the best fishing holes in the summer time ....he keeps eye strain in the summer time tho ....:cool2:

7. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the info everyone. I went to loack and dam #5 today. Didn't catch anything but plan to go back.

8. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    on the bossier side just down stream from the train brigge I have seen people there all night. look for the camp fire pit. if you can cast far enough you can get up to 50-60 ft deef and work the drop off.

9. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Thomas, I fish lock and dam #5 at least two or three times a week. If you have never fished that kind of environment before, it can be frustrating. But once you get the hang of it, it's great fishing. Let me know if you have any questions, or need any help.

10. Bungarian

Bungarian New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks Mike

I do need some help. I am not used to fishing in current like that. My bait or lures got drug down current before I could do anything then got hung up on debris or ended up covered in that grass stuff.

What should I be fishing with and in what way?

Thomas

11. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Thomas I sent you a private message. I hope this helps you out.