Red River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by pup, Apr 15, 2007.

1. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    the cats are biting on the red with the fresh water runoff. hope everybody can go fishing the family and i caught 6 onthursday about 4 to 6 lbs. good fishing and god bless to all.

2. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Just wondering where you load your boat in at on the red? We usely just go to the highway 79 bridge and pull my john boat down to the river as close as we can get it at least with a four wheeler. Then pick it up and carry it the rest of the way. Just looking for an easyer way to get to the water. I live on highway 81 in Duncan, OK if that helps any.

Thanx For Your Time

3. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    There is a primitive ramp in Love Valley WMA just south of Marietta. The ramp is on one of those lakes created by the river but Im pretty sure it connects up with the red. I really need to find more boat ramps on the Red myself. It looked like it would be fairly easy to get in just below the Texoma dam, also.

4. pup

pup New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    did not use boat fished from bank .went back on thursday caught 6 more one 22lb white on worms . river going down may have to go to texhoma fish west end from bank . good fishing and god bless