Red River

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Peanut ridge Kid, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Howdy Folks,

Got a question, Is there any good bank fishing on the red river? I tried down behind Hooters but didn't get a bite. Drop me a line and let me know if there are any good places. Thanks

Peanut Ridge Kid

2. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Peanut Ridge Kid i dont know whats up with the red river this summer but me and puddycat have been in there several times this summer for Flatheads and channel cats and have not done any good at all . last summer i done real well in there. but as far as a good bank spot ? there behind hooters where you have been and at the corner of red river and Cumberland is the only spots i know of to fish from the bank on the red

3. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't found any good spots to go bank fishing on the red river nor the Cumb beside around all of the docks. I did tried there at the nouth of Red River a month or so ago and caught 1 Drum and no nibbles or bites from anything else. There is a place down a bit more called Smith Branch. I've heard from a few guys at work that it's not a bad place to go.

4. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the info, Can't fish today and I'm 40

5. azfshn23

azfshn23 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    redrivers not bad, make sure you get there early

6. Schifty

Schifty New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ive caught a couple flatties on it but nothing of any size.

7. jcara3043

jcara3043 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well i got your private message and I cannot response since i don't have 10 post so I am writting you on the forum.........Well good to hear about last night I am planning on taking my wife and son tonight and see what happens....How is the new rig helping out?????????? Let me know....I should be there tonight........

But gonna run around and get my stuff ready and finish my honey do list....hahahahahahahaha Hope to hear from you soon.

OH by the way i looked in Lake Barkley website for Lock B and I could not find it......I found the other ones but am I missing something.......there is one by Dover and the next one is in KY by the Dam?????????