Red River Status in Grand Forks

Discussion in 'NORTH DAKOTA RIVERS TALK' started by LandsCats, Mar 4, 2009.

1. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Well it looks like we are going to be getting some water this spring from all the snow they had down south of us. They are talking very high water levels this spring I'm just hopeing the like the last big flood. I will kepp you all posted on the river and when it looks like it will be fishable this spring. Tight lines to all that are fishing already.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Looks like they got that one right huh? Hope all stays safe.

3. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    We are getting just what I thought, there is alot of water moving trough Grand Forks area and there is alot still coming. Fargo is getting hit really hard and I plan on getting down there mid next week to help in the battle of sand bagging and helping where I can. Its just something that area people need to do to help each other in the time on need. I will post more when the river starts getting back within it banks but for now I am going to battle it in a different way. Talk to you all later.

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Kent, and be safe brother.

5. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    The new river conditions for the Red River of the North at Grand Forks came out yesterday and for the first time in many weeks we got good news. The second crest of the flood is not coming and we should continue to fall. With that news I am able to breath easy knowing we are going to get in for the pre spawn bite in late May and early June.

A good flood and higher spring conditions usually bring out the biggest and most aggressive fish the river has to offer.

6. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    37 and falling it won't be long now until we are back into the kitties

7. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    The river is now starting to make its big stride downward. We should be in some water south of Grand Forks as early as middle of next week and Grand Forks around the 18th.

8. catfishchet

catfishchet New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Does anyone know what the water conditions on the Red are like North of the border? We're making the trip up May 22nd thru the 25th, last weekend before we need passports. Are we going to be too early?

9. CaptainBrad

State:
    North Dakota
    The water is still really high. As of a couple days ago there was still water in the parking lot at Cats on the Red. I personally would not go up just yet.