Red River in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by NoodlingOkie, Mar 10, 2006.

1. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone here fish the Red River???

2. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Come on no-one here fishes the Red River???? :confused: Kinda hard to believe

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    mabe youall just aint figured out lake texomais on the red river or do you mean ON THE RED RIVER

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    NoodlingOkie... I sometimes think our brethern is like a catfish... they just won't respond no matter what you do. So, if I post and get no response, I figure it's a lick on me because the post was't interesting enough to garner response. I just shrug my shoulders and say "AwShucks".

5. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Never tried the Red River yet. What is a good access point??

6. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm down in Altus. I'm 5 minutes from the salt fork and 10 from the North fork. Some of the best fishing on the river by me is where the two of them meet.

7. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have never fished on the Red River, but I think Silver Dollar Airboats is on the Red River or Lake Texoma or close by. They make great airboats.
    Is there a boat ramp where the 2 rivers meet?

8. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No, not really, but you can take a boat on the river where they meet. you just have to find a clearing. That is where I caught the 78 pound flathead.

9. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    i been to the red river just last week, went bass fishin, had some good hits

10. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  11. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    lg & small mouth also sun fish

12. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    You know the part of the Red River that I would really like to mess around on is in the south east. Tons of oxbow lakes and bayou's. Ive fished the red a few times. But I dont know the spots well so ive usually spent my time messing around and exploring. I fished the south-western most bridge in the state . I caught a couple of longnose gar. I fished the bridge straight south of Idabel and caught a couple of blues. The red river is Oklahoma's premiere river in my opinion. We've faught off the texans for it. A ton of history behind that ol' river. I really like its color too. I take alot of pride in the fact that that river belongs to Oklahoma and texas doesn't start until the grass begins to grow on its southern bank (exception Texoma). Heck yah! I love it when we beat texas at anything.

13. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    NC (Fort Sill, OK right now)
    Any public access out that way for fishing from the bank?

14. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just like by brideges, but most of that is still on private land. Man, I'll be coming home from college the 11th. My buddy and I go almost everyday. He has river land, and I have a few other buddies that have access. The best spot that I know of though, is tucked away, it is where the salt fork and the north fork come together. It's the deepest part around where I'm at. Caught a lot of 20 to 50 pounders.

15. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    haven't lived here long enough to know where the salt fork and the north fork are.

16. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    never fished it , dont have a clue . where can u axcess it outher thsn lk. texoma ??

17. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    I know of one good spot to access south of Lake Waurika by the HWY 79 bridge. You can drive down to the riverbed via trails that start at the south end of the bridge.

18. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well I live like 5 minutes from the salt fork but where I usually go fishing is the north fork, by hess about 20 minutes from me. I've got buddies that have land or just go and ask landowners if it's ok to fish the river. because you'll have to go through their land to get there. But if you get on the river and have a four wheeler you can go all day up and down the river as you please.

19. BUCKSINRUT

BUCKSINRUT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I've never catfished the red river. Sounds like a blast tho.

20. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    WHAT no boat ramps?? is it deep enough to float a boat. i would like to fish it just dont want to hike it ,